IGNORED

Commodore Emulator for Rpi (with Omega Race)

Omega-TI

I've wanted Omega Race, (or something similar) for my TI-99/4A like forever, but I doubt it'll ever happen, so for $4.99 I might have to purchase <<THIS>> this cheap Vic 20 emulator.  I was pretty pleased with their TRS-80 offering and how easy it was to get up and running.  There was no hunting around for ROMS or anything else.  But before I do, does anyone know of a free downloadable emulator for the PC that comes READY TO GO with Omega Race as part of the included software?

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, --- Ω --- said:

I've wanted Omega Race, (or something similar) for my TI-99/4A like forever, but I doubt it'll ever happen, so for $4.99 I might have to purchase <<THIS>> this cheap Vic 20 emulator.  I was pretty pleased with their TRS-80 offering and how easy it was to get up and running.  There was no hunting around for ROMS or anything else.  But before I do, does anyone know of a free downloadable emulator for the PC that comes READY TO GO with Omega Race as part of the included software?

s-l1600.jpg

Have just bought a Vic20 and are bidding on an Omega Race cart as my first purchase for it. Had this as a kid - was an awesome conversion back then ?

• Like 1

Just now, mksmith said:

Have just bought a Vic20 and are bidding on an Omega Race cart as my first purchase for it. Had this as a kid - was an awesome conversion back then ?

It always drove me nuts that "MY" computer never had this game.  Here we are 35 years later and is still doesn't.  It was a popular game too, so I'm guessing none of the software gurus of this day and age have the skills to make the TI do what a Vic 20 can or it would have been done by now.  So, does that make a little stock Vic-20 a more capable machine than a fully expanded TI-99/4A?  Shudder to imagine!

• Like 1

Yeah, that is what I meant by repacking. Besides VICE, I'm not sure if there are any other VIC-20 emulators actively developed these days. This guy thus configures/compiles VICE for running on a RPi, downloads a bunch of "abandonware" games and puts everything together on a small Micro SD card which he sells for $5. I have never used a RPi so I don't know how many pre-compiled software packages are out there, but I'm sure with a little bit of work you can download VICE yourself and then get the desired games, even put everything on a Micro SD card of yourself though perhaps you have something else to do that pays more than $5 per hour so you save money by ordering from him.