IGNORED

Atari XL Mouse

Mr Robot

1 hour ago, Gunstar said:

Is the funding campaign still going on? Because they are both still available from Rhayader Computers RoF is on the second page here: https://www.rhayadercomputers.co.uk/index.aspx?pageid=4866956&category=4165410&Page=2

And the 800 mat is still for sale on the first page I linked earlier that you can get to from the link above by selecting the first page at the bottom. As well as Koronis Rift and lots of others. In fact, I think I want them all, now that I look through them again! I think I may have to start collecting them! Hopefully one for the 1200XL will be made too eventually.

Your getting a little confused here.

Greyfox appears to of given 1 set of Mouse Mats featuring BOX ART IMAGERY for both the Atari 800 and Rescue On Fractulas for Rhayader to sell to the general public and designed a second set with different imagery which was only avaiable via the perk system of his Kickstarter campain. 

I'm not even sure who's art is who's on the Rhayader site so Greyfox might not have supplied them with as many as i earlier assumed.

I would hate to think i am trying to make out he's responsible for material not his.

So he's basically ensuring nobody misses out the chance to own some iconic Atari imagery..you pays your money and made your choice type affair.

Seems like a sensible enough move.

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Technoid Mutant said:

FJC will produce one that runs on a pumped-up XL, which isn't all that different, really.  Have you seen the demos? OMG this thing is just STUPID man.  It has process id's, a task manager, un-freaking-believable.  I wonder about compatibility with existing software, but it might not even be possible.  When MTOS came out in the mid-80's I was impressed.  I had serious Coco3 OS/9 envy at the time and wished for something for the Atari that could hold a candle to it.  This might be that thing and then some.

Best,

Jeff

Jeff

10 hours ago, Brenski said:

@flashjazzcat well I don't doubt JFC will produce a GUI that runs in 5 simultaneous windows using only 2k of ram ?

it was a bible joke: 5 loaves and 2 fishes ?  ?

i'm here all week.

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, brenski said:

10 hours ago, Brenski said:

@flashjazzcat well I don't doubt JFC will produce a GUI that runs in 5 simultaneous windows using only 2k of ram ?

it was a bible joke: 5 loaves and 2 fishes ?  ?

i'm here all week.

Ah!  Humor.

I'm an idiot.  

Jeff

20 hours ago, Lost Dragon said:

You see the white line of text on the Atari 400 mouse mat here:

https://www.rhayadercomputers.co.uk/atari_400/p4866955_17641956.aspx

It reads "mouse mat created and designed by Darren Doyle".

I've no idea if they are exclusive to Rhayader computers. .but they were part of the perks Greyfox talked of for backers of his book, many months ago.

There should be one for the 800XL and 130 XE.

Plan was back then to offer them as perks for kickstarter backers but not limit them just to the book backers, but make them avaiable to the wider Atari community. 

Looks like this part of the campaign has been met.

Greyfox is selling these mousemats since May 2017. He posted a message about this in this topic: 

And Google still shows a picture of them

mat.jpg

In the original post this message about the artwork is clear:

Disclaimer : As these mouse mats are being sold with Atari branding in mind from a vintage period, it is important that James Grayson, Rhayader Computers acknowledge the copyright ownership of Atari Inc.whom hold the right to the Atari fuji logo™ and generalisation of the Atari™ brand, therefore, the mouse mats are sold under the pretence of "mouse mat blanks" to which you the customer are purchasing, the imagery contained on the mouse mat is given freely and not a chargeable item.

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 1