IGNORED

Idea for homebrew title that 7800-homebrew dev. may consider to produce: Pac Land 1984

Giles N

42 minutes ago, gambler172 said:

what kind of enemy is this?

I believe that Clyde. He glides along in a straight line I believe across the screen. But yeah that is a ghost wearing a hat. The movement is his arms going back and forth as he moves.

But still...Clyde...

13 hours ago, gambler172 said:

yes....maybe you can do some more enemies till weekend and i try to add them in a first demo...?

getting the hang of the tight space..  more coming

blinky-airborne8x32.gif.7cc8f92d1f9229fff5ccc7d3cc1b3647.gif     inky-car_8x32.gif.5c693b53a685374b9efc313b10e1d847.gif

Edited by TIX
  • Like 1

Pac-land "Break Time" music.

Same setup as the main theme, and again, real hardware only please ... or if you must, at least use ProSystem for it, it plays the closest to the real thing.

Binaries for POKEY @4000 and @450.  A test on real hardware is appreciated, as always. :)

pacland-break.A78 pacland-break.asm pacland-break.bin pacland-break-450.A78 pacland-break-450.asm pacland-break-450.bin

• Like 3

Bentley editor doesn't let you change the music does it?  Not that what I have done can easily be fit in without retooling the engine.  Bentley's music is 3 8-bit POKEY channels with a 4th for game effects.  My examples here are a 16-bit channel and 2 8-bit ones, leaving no room for game sound fx unless we use TIA. 

I guess, inserting these things into BentleyBear-editor, brings us to the next logical step:

What sort of grfx does the 7800 and/or Bentley-editor want or run as backgrounds?

What about parallax-grfx?

Are they also PNG images?

Other?

What restrictions on palettes and size of tiles or backdrop elements?

Edited by Giles N

Guys -

Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest had a background of 160A (3 color), while the sprites are 160B (12 color).  There are two sizes of sprites (8x16 and 8x32).  The backgrounds are all 16x16.

The 'Bentley Editor' does not do music.  It does graphics, tile and sprite placement in levels, colors, and which zones do parallax scrolling.  It helped me a *lot* during development.  Huge thanks go out to @jwierer for doing that.

I am (slowly) working on a project now, but if you guys can wait I will try to change two things about the engine in Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest to be more fitting for this game: The sprite width (to 12 or 16, need to check) and the ability to scroll the opposite direction.  I also have a TIA sound version of Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest, but there is no background music (only sound effects).

I have had difficulty combining TIA and Pokey sound, as doing all 6 channels each frame seems to run out of time.  I know I'm doing something wrong, as I'm certain Commando does all 6 channels.

Anyway, my new job has me learning a bunch of stuff I've never worked on before (Dell 'Boomi' being one of them, although that seems straight forward), so I've been concentrating on that.

Bob

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1