IGNORED

Idea for homebrew title that 7800-homebrew dev. may consider to produce: Pac Land 1984

Giles N

On 2/26/2020 at 1:54 AM, Jaden (JRH) said:

Couldn't you theoretically stitch multiple 8 pixel wide sprites together to make a bigger character? I'd figure if we could do that, we could get a much better looking Pac-Man.

Also, I'll still do the item graphics. I just need to redraw the fruits.

Please do redraw the item-graphics; I’d love to see them!!

?

1 hour ago, Jinks said:

Two reasons. Hard for the 7800 to do well and most importantly the fun factor looks low.

To me, the Arcade looks like the predescessor to Super Mario Land 4 (SNES): cartoony stylish backdrop, etc.

As to what the 7800 can or cannot do, well, I’m no programmer.

I’ll just throw out some fandom-art here.

?

On 10/12/2019 at 1:47 AM, PacManPlus said:

Guys -

Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest had a background of 160A (3 color), while the sprites are 160B (12 color).  There are two sizes of sprites (8x16 and 8x32).  The backgrounds are all 16x16.

The 'Bentley Editor' does not do music.  It does graphics, tile and sprite placement in levels, colors, and which zones do parallax scrolling.  It helped me a *lot* during development.  Huge thanks go out to @jwierer for doing that.

I am (slowly) working on a project now, but if you guys can wait I will try to change two things about the engine in Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest to be more fitting for this game: The sprite width (to 12 or 16, need to check) and the ability to scroll the opposite direction.  I also have a TIA sound version of Bentley Bear's Crystal Quest, but there is no background music (only sound effects).

I have had difficulty combining TIA and Pokey sound, as doing all 6 channels each frame seems to run out of time.  I know I'm doing something wrong, as I'm certain Commando does all 6 channels.

Anyway, my new job has me learning a bunch of stuff I've never worked on before (Dell 'Boomi' being one of them, although that seems straight forward), so I've been concentrating on that.

Bob

Hi Bob,

It is most appreciated that you put in a comment giving us the shortversion of which 7800-paradigms/modes/Engine aspects, to use and pay attention to, as anyone interested on (on this thread) in contributing to the project, may get straight to the paradigms of given limitations to stay within.

And hey; thanks for all the cool 7800-Pac-stuff!

Great! Awesome!

Edited by Giles N

22 minutes ago, Giles N said:

Arcade or 7800?

No, wait -

lols - I see it!!

HA HA !! 

Ridiculous!! HA HA

Its the 7800 Ms PacMan version, but I found a better looking version of Shadow AKA Blinky! I think it would be cool to reverse the roles of the ghost and Pac! Play would be the same but now you can pic which ghost you want! Inky, Blinky, Pinky, Clyde or Sue (SUE is in place of Clyde in Ms. Pacman!) 

Edited by dodge ramman
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, dodge ramman said:

Its the 7800 Ms PacMan version, but I found a better looking version of Shadow AKA Blinky! I think it would be cool to reverse the roles of the ghost and Pac! Play would be the same but now you can pic which ghost you want! Inky, Blinky, Pinky, Clyde or Sue (SUE is in place of Clyde in Ms. Pacman!) 

BTW; are into doing 

- grfx

- sound

- programming

?