IGNORED

Idea for homebrew title that 7800-homebrew dev. may consider to produce: Pac Land 1984

Giles N

39 minutes ago, Jaden (JRH) said:

In the sprite editor for Bentley, color F serves as an outline color. So, setting it to black will get you black outlines, if you decide to draw any outlines. I usually set it to blue to help me see them while I'm drawing, then set it to black when I'm finished.

Very good!

8 hours ago, aaron1677 said:

Yes I can definitely do this. I think the houses need to be much bigger for sure. But Gambler is saying it's not possible? There must be a way...

In a later Level,i can use big houses...but then i can

use only one or two.......

8 hours ago, aaron1677 said:

586862148_ScreenShot2020-04-15at2_06_12PM.png.9e0d022f30b28b78229dd558731752dc.png 

@gambler172 @Giles N This is Jaden's interpretation of TIX's sprite of PacMan. IMO, this one looks much better (with the dark outline) and hat. I know you are making the hat a powerup, but maybe he can just "glow/blink" when he has the invincibility and have that hat on all the time, which i think looks much better. Can we get our hero looking like this?

We can discuss this,when gameplay is finished...

also i can change BIG BOSS anytime.

Hi Guys

here my latest file....If you take the "W" at the beginning....you will be warped to Level2 stage 1

otherwise just Play Level 1 through 8 stages.....Before i continue working on this.....i Need some testplayers.Level1 is full playable....also Level2 stage 1.I Need to know....is the game too easy or too heavy...or is the difficulty OK???

Please do not come up with suggestions....i only want,that someone is playing the game.

It makes no sense to spend lots of time with a game,Nobody wants......

Graphic corrections,like colours,dark outline,BOSS changes..............can be done,when the game engine is ok.

And when everything is done......we can get Music.

pacland01604.a78

16 hours ago, gambler172 said:

Hi Guys

here my latest file....If you take the "W" at the beginning....you will be warped to Level2 stage 1

otherwise just Play Level 1 through 8 stages.....Before i continue working on this.....i Need some testplayers.Level1 is full playable....also Level2 stage 1.I Need to know....is the game too easy or too heavy...or is the difficulty OK???

Please do not come up with suggestions....i only want,that someone is playing the game.

Graphic corrections,like colours,dark outline,BOSS changes..............can be done,when the game engine is ok.

pacland01604.a78 144.13 kB · 4 downloads

As I’ve mentioned, I have some trouble with the PC, and need my brothers assistance to have a look at it.

What more is; I’m quite clumsy with all sorts of programs upon programs on PC.

I like to do graphics, and be part of production.

Your effort is appreciated man!

As soon as my bro will help me out with the PC, I’ll play through and give feedback on difficulty-setting.

Yesterday I got PacLand on Namco museum vol.4 for PS1 (played on PS2), so I got a feel for the arcade (its a straight port).

If our version will be a sort of  PacLand 7800-special, thats perfectly fine!

As to ‘game nobody wants’; the thread have 15000+’views now, and I just think most people wait for a complete product to get, leaving playtesting to the developers.

Edited by Giles N

3 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Ha! Is the 7800 going to be home to every Pac-Man game? 

Probably not worth much but I like the recent sprite too.

It would seem PacMan has become a bit of a 7800-hero.

If you can handle PC stuff, do download the file, and playthrough and give feedback!

@gambler172 says we will refine and adjust colors when we get to have the gameplay working.

I think that hopefully someone has the time to playtest. Developers only playtesting turns into a game developers only will want to play.  Usually when a ton of people want to playtest it means it is a game people want. Maybe in this case hopefully it will turns into a game people want to play. I think everyone is just watching and waiting to see what it would be like. Being based of Bentley leaves only so much that can be accomplished but maybe you will surprise everyone. I hope it turns out. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jinks said:

I think that hopefully someone has the time to playtest. Developers only playtesting turns into a game developers only will want to play.  Usually when a ton of people want to playtest it means it is a game people want. Maybe in this case hopefully it will turns into a game people want to play. I think everyone is just watching and waiting to see what it would be like. Being based of Bentley leaves only so much that can be accomplished but maybe you will surprise everyone. I hope it turns out. 

Join as playtester!

We want ... you!

I played PacLand on PS1 yesterday: it has many elements analogous to Bentley.

A pac-timer going down, pac-lives, dash, jump, power-pill that can make you take down enemies by jumping on them (ie the Bentley hat), end of stage-place (church and break time sign)...

What I don’t think Bentley has is a spring-board and flying boots.

Edited by Giles N

On 4/16/2020 at 1:50 PM, gambler172 said:

Hi Guys

pacland01604.a78 144.13 kB · 4 downloads

@gambler172

I am in Europe.

Do I run the file on any 7800 emulator or NTSC specific emulator.

(sorry for being so, well, unpro)

@gambler172

Got it working (with my brothers assistence).

I played through what has been made.

Many levels played much like Bentley Bear.

I thought Level 2, stage 1 was the most Pac-Land specific stage.

Somewhat difficult on Level one; should perhaps be a tad easier on stages 1-4.

Then 5-8 could be as tough as they are.

Loved level 2, stage 1; perfect!

Hope this helps.

Edited by Giles N

22 hours ago, Jinks said:

Please, do feel free to download the Prosystem

Emulator and what we’ve gotten so far and come with constructive input!

Edited by Giles N