IGNORED

Idea for homebrew title that 7800-homebrew dev. may consider to produce: Pac Land 1984

Giles N

On 4/5/2020 at 12:47 PM, gambler172 said:

Hi Aaron

this house has the size i Need....if you can do the other  houses in this size?

Or someone else?

But i have only 3 colours and the Background as 4th colour for the Moment.

also made many changes in the meanwhile....more soon.

Great!!!

All buildings, please!!

???

3 hours ago, Giles N said:

They (the houses) look really great, but wouldn’t they need to be a tad bigger?

I would think so. 

But @gambler172 says that these smaller ones are the ones he needs. Just FYI - these smaller houses are built within the suggested 48x32 pixel canvas at 72dpi, but don't even take up the full height or width of this tiny canvas. 

So, I'm not sure how he's planning on using these. When I did a 144dpi version, he (gambler) said it was too big and the 72dpi version was better. 

Either way, I am building ALL of these houses at a very high resolution, which I then can easily scale down to make pixel versions at any size or resolution. Just let me know.

Attached are screenshots of the three I've made so far. There are two more as well as the "church" at the end. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 10.49.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 10.49.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 10.48.34 AM.png

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, aaron1677 said:

I would think so. 

But @gambler172 says that these smaller ones are the ones he needs. Just FYI - these smaller houses are built within the suggested 48x32 pixel canvas at 72dpi, but don't even take up the full height or width of this tiny canvas. 

So, I'm not sure how he's planning on using these. When I did a 144dpi version, he (gambler) said it was too big and the 72dpi version was better. 

Either way, I am building ALL of these houses at a very high resolution, which I then can easily scale down to make pixel versions at any size or resolution. Just let me know.

Attached are screenshots of the three I've made so far. There are two more as well as the "church" at the end. 

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 10.49.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 10.49.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 10.48.34 AM.png

Bigger houses would Need more tiles.....and i do not have that much....so the size Aaron made is great....i make a new 2nd Level,where i can use this

great houses...

• Like 1

Hi Guys

time for a new file.....made a lot of changes......changed Giles rock,a Little bit....but i am not so happy with it. Maybe another one?

Also removed the HYDRANT....so no hydrants in the forest...It will come in the 2nd Level.

Added some houses in the 2nd Level,this means....you must win the 1st Level to see it.....but the 2nd Level is an early WIP.....

also added the church there.Also reworked the Pacman a Little bit......There is still in Level 1 stage 8.....Berthilda Boss.

As soon as i have a new Boss....it will be changed.

pacland0504.a78

15 hours ago, aaron1677 said:

House 4. 

• Full resolution render
  • Pixel drawing englarged to show detail (1600%)
  • Pixel drawing (.png)

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 7.33.01 PM.png

detail.png

PacLand_house4_smaller_48x32_72dpi.png

great....wow such a great work....it used more 

tiles than the others,cause it is longer.....but

i was able to find some space.....it looks really great

Hi Guys

time for an update...added a new enemy....made some small changes.....added the houses in Level 2..stage 1......added some clouds in Level 2 stage one and some other small changes.....Level 1 is playable and Level 2 stage 1 also....got no Feedback...if it is too easy or too heavy to Play.....

What i Need now is a small Boss enemy and a big size Boss enemy......This can be the same enemy or 2 different ones.....

I could also Need a 2nd ROCK.....

pacland01004.a78

5 hours ago, gambler172 said:

Hi Guys

time for an update...added a new enemy....made some small changes.....added the houses in Level 2..stage 1......added some clouds in Level 2 stage one and some other small changes.....Level 1 is playable and Level 2 stage 1 also....got no Feedback...if it is too easy or too heavy to Play.....

What i Need now is a small Boss enemy and a big size Boss enemy......This can be the same enemy or 2 different ones.....

I could also Need a 2nd ROCK.....

pacland01004.a78 144.13 kB · 4 downloads

My PC is down right now; could you give some screenshots of what it looks like so far?

What should be the pixel size of the bosses (32x 32 or 64 x 64)?

It could perhaps be of interest to others who browse this topic.

Thanks for all the effort and time invested!

Written from iphone

Edited by Giles N

3 hours ago, Giles N said:

Here is a rough draft of boss 16x64.

See if you can use it.

I hope to get to drawing a more precise version later.

Ha, you beat me to it..  I was working on the same boss too  :D

I guess I should do something else..

10 hours ago, aaron1677 said:

Here's one.

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 10.00.29 AM.png

Thanks for screenshoots!

Really cool to see the ongoing developement!

Would it be possible to have sandy/brown tiles from the line upon which PacMan runs and up to the houses, to make it look more like like the arcade?

For example, PacMan could walk/move upon this ground tile:

PNG-bilde 34.png

And in the background, from where he walks up til the houses begins, there could be this backdrop tile:

PNG-bilde 86.png

Edited by Giles N