IGNORED

Ads Coming to AtariAge

Albert

9 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

Heh I have only like a handful of boxes for console games... but I do have a pretty huge collection of PC games in the box, though more than half of them are in small boxes (mid to late 2000s).

Boxed PC:  this is all I have (aside from a few that are in my office, and some in my parents' basement).  Part of that is because of being naughty and pirating games, which of course I don't do anymore and haven't done in a long time.  I like finding older PC games when I can, but they don't seem to come up much in stores.  I think people might be more prone to throwing them out.

PCgames.jpg

• Like 3

On 9/27/2019 at 1:47 AM, Stephen said:

Awful lot of whining about other people's joystick size if you ask me.  Was always told it didn't matter ?

Mine's more like a trackball.  ?

Oops.  Thought I was in the taco thread.  Disregard.   Now ..... ads you say?

• Haha 2

I know that this is a truly pressing matter to keep this site alive with ads though I wonder about a different matter. Most Atari members are getting up there in age. My self being one of the younger ones at 35 with most of you having 10 to 15 years on me or more. That being said I do not know Alberts age but I ask how many more years does Albert have. Mist people will probibly view this post as rude but thats not my intention. Truthfully what I'm wondering is who will be in line to take the site over who can afford the cost and even if someone does once Albert is gone well seome plan would need to be in place before that happens. Also would it be another old persons to take control of the site or would it be thought out enough to turn it over to someone younger who has interest in this sort of thing. Also this theoretical person would need skills to keep the AA store alive. Sure this is a good 20 years down the road more then likely but then again it is always good to be prepaired. People can die for various reasons and not just old age. I do not intend for this post to sound rude I just want to know that after Albert this site is nit going to simply vanish along with all if the homebrews posted in the forums.

Speaking of forum homebrews I got to ask why are so many listed that have to be tracked down. Why are most not in the homebrew store and why is there not a forum dedicated to WIP's and finished homebres?

13 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

But still a valid question.

I would like to think that people like Albert and myself are still quite "young" by average age standards.  Maybe a little past "middle aged." I'm going to assume that the length of time needed to worry about such things would be similar in length to the time that AtariAge has already been around.

Not something that probably needs any lengthy discussion... certainly not in a topic about ads (or tacos) on AtariAge. 

I forget if it's his robot army that takes over the site, or one of his clones. I always get those mixed up. One's for the website, the other is for world domination. Albert could better clarify.

Unless I wasn't supposed to say anything... in which case I'll probably disappear and be replaced by either a robot or a clone.

Again.

1 minute ago, Nathan Strum said:

in which case I'll probably disappear and be replaced by either a robot or a clone.

How do we know you're not already a robot or a clone trying to cover up what has already transpired? ?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, VectorGamer said:

I asked this question a couple of years ago and I was told by the man that it's taken care of.

Glad to be abke to read that. That was the answer I was looking for. I admit though the AL 9000 would be absolutly glorious. This site would live beyond the test of time.

On 10/2/2019 at 12:42 PM, Nathan Strum said:

I forget if it's his robot army that takes over the site, or one of his clones. I always get those mixed up. One's for the website, the other is for world domination. Albert could better clarify.

Clones.

252360729_ScreenShot2019-10-07at1_53_29PM.png.1aa17647de19cbd1721982c48c77da79.png

Knew it was one of the two.

• Haha 1