IGNORED

Ads Coming to AtariAge

Albert

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/17/2020 at 11:07 AM, carlsson said:

Not that I am eager for ads, but I just realized I haven't seen any yet, soon five months after the announcement?

Agreed, but prolly like you, I appreciate a free site that has this much to offer, and if some ads helped Al offset some of the cost of running it, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest really. Just because they are there doesn't mean you HAVE to pay attention.

I actually don't get the problem people really have with ads anyway, tbh. 

99.9% of the time, I don't give a crap what they are trying to push, but it's worth it for that .1% of the time when I do, I think that's how ads are supposed to work anyway.

:)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, discotronic said:

If everyone became a subscriber then ads would never be needed. I just became a subscriber last year and went ahead and did two years. For the price of a new homebrew it helps to keep the forum and all the great information going.

Thank you!  I hate ads.

Spoiler

Just so everyone is aware, some of the things that were removed from the dictionary in the U.S. for 2022 (some other countries removed them as well), one was "reason", as well as "logic" and "common sense".  So don't every worry about splwinfs them wrong. :P 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 1:59 PM, discotronic said:

If everyone became a subscriber then ads would never be needed. I just became a subscriber last year and went ahead and did two years. For the price of a new homebrew it helps to keep the forum and all the great information going.

Thanks for the reminder, I just re-upped my subscription as a result! I had been off of it for a couple of years for monetary reasons, but I'm in a different position now and can swing it again. Always been happy to support this site when I can. It being ad-free for everyone is great and I'd like to see it stay that way. ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Austin said:

Thanks for the reminder, I just re-upped my subscription as a result! I had been off of it for a couple of years for monetary reasons, but I'm in a different position now and can swing it again. Always been happy to support this site when I can. It being ad-free for everyone is great and I'd like to see it stay that way. ?

Thank you, much appreciated, and glad you are continuing to enjoy the site.  :)

..Al