IGNORED

PLATOTERM LITE 1.3 Cartridge Release

tschak909

4 hours ago, manterola said:

I started to write some code to respond to type 0 and/or type 1 SIO polling, so we can embed Mr.Atari new rverter handler in the esp8266 itself. 

To be able to do that we will need a modification to the mr robot pcb design (half rverter interface circuit). The idea is to use one semi avaliable esp8266 output to enable/disable or override the mtr ctrl signal that blocks the esp8266 TX and RX signals. So first the esp8266 talks in the sio bus to answer the polling if necessary, then it switches to sx212 or rverter mode in which the mtr ctrl signal dictates...  Or maybe someone has a better idea about how to implement this, otherwise, the esp8266 won't be able to answer to polling. 

Let me know what I need to change

2 hours ago, tschak909 said:

Personal disclosure: I will have to curb my spending for the next 6 months, as I've just had to postpone my daughter's private school payment by 5 days. This is a bridge too far for me.

I rely entirely on donations and people buying stuff from me to fund my projects. No one buys stuff, I can't make more/new things.  It slows things down but I don't have any other disposable income.

• 3 weeks later...

Oddly enough, the patched platoterm will not start in my XEGS or when my 1200XL uses the XL OS, BUT it WILL start if I use the 1200XL OS (Rev11). 

When in XL/XE (or on my daughter's XEGS) The handler loads, I can use the tiny term, but it jumps straight to self test when I vector to the cartridge. Very odd. What could be the issue, I wonder?

(btw, @mr-atari I have an alternative firmware that I've been working on now on the ESP-01 you sent, it works a lot better and doesn't need the work-arounds. We can get the firmware onto your ESP01 if you want)

-Thom