IGNORED

502 Bad Gateway

Everytime I goto post a random pic for example on my cellphone.  It opens page 1.  The I click the arrows to goto the last page.  And I see this.  Then if I go back and try the arrows again it works.  How odd.  But The next day when I go back to the same thread and the arrows I see the same thing.  Not just post a random pic but other threads also.

Screenshot_20190919-200041.png

I haven't seen this myself, is anyone else seeing this?

Are you only seeing this on your phone?  Do you use other devices to access AtariAge?  I'm not sure what could be causing this, but could be something with the interaction between Cloudflare and AtariAge.  It's possible it's a bug with the forum software as well.  Do you instantly get that error page, or does it take a while before you see it?

..Al

I'll see if I can reproduce it.  Does it happen in all threads when on your phone or just certain threads?  Does it matter what page of the thread you are on when you hit the "last page" button? I see you're using an Android phone and all I have is iPhones, but I don't think that would make a difference.

..Al

2 hours ago, Albert said:

I haven't seen this myself, is anyone else seeing this?

Are you only seeing this on your phone?  Do you use other devices to access AtariAge?  I'm not sure what could be causing this, but could be something with the interaction between Cloudflare and AtariAge.  It's possible it's a bug with the forum software as well.  Do you instantly get that error page, or does it take a while before you see it?

..Al

I sometimes get a similar Bad Gateway message too with Cloudfare going through Chicago.  It has happened several times but I just refresh the page (using a laptop).  I thought it was no big deal but with someone else mentioning it, I've decided to also chime in on the strange error.

10 minutes ago, frankodragon said:

Okay, here we go.  I got the message while browsing the Number Picture Thread on general chat.

719567247_Error502.thumb.jpg.0f6dc897cd8898fc148f397e46b46c12.jpg

When you see this, what happens if you click on the green "Retry for a live version" button?

I can definitely open a ticket with Clouflare and see if they can shed some light on what's going on.  I do want to see if this is reproducible in some fashion, but I imagine it's only affecting some people or I would have hard considerably more about this given Cloudflare has been active for two months now. I'll also see if there's some sort of logging that takes place when Cloudflare displays errors of this nature.

.Al