IGNORED

A few FinalGROM99 questions

jrhodes

I purchased a FinalGROM99 from Ebay, specifically this auction, and had a few questions i would like to ask while i wait for it to get here.

Sorry if these seem like dumb questions, but i need to know:

A. If a game/program is released here on the forum in .BIN format, i can take that and put it on my FG99 SD directly, or is there a conversion that needs to happen first?

B. Pretty sure this has been asked here before but i can't seem to find it... If i use the MiniMemory cart images with the FG99, can i save a program to it like the real thing?

C. Is there anyway to add, delete, and/or change files on the FG99 SD card without removing the card from the unit? (Sort of like we can do with TIPI through its Web UI)

I hate repeated SD card removals, no matter the device they are used in. I think the Micro SD card in my phone has been removed maybe 3 times max in the last 4 years.

Edited by jrhodes

you posted this twice?

dumb answers:

a. yes just put it in there, did you read the github page? maybe you should.. reading is fundamental and google is your friend https://endlos99.github.io/finalgrom99/

b. yes long as you use the image he provided

c. no.. unless you use one of the flash-air cards in your device which will allow access to it via wifi.. those are a pain in the rear to get set up and most non-techys give up..   https://www.toshiba-memory.com/products/toshiba-wireless-sd-cards-flashair-w-04/  I use one of these in my 3d printer and it saved me pulling the card all the time..but its really no faster 

• Like 1

Yes, i realized after posting it that it probably should have been its own topic to start with.

13 minutes ago, jrhodes said:

Not so dumb replies:

a. i did read the wiki but i also know that some of the cart images floating around are some kind of "inverted" format. Was not sure if i had to make sure to avoid those or not.

b. cool

c. Ok, i was just thinking a program running on the TI could be made (or may have already been made) that can access the FG99 file structure and modify it, by pushing files over to the TI / FG99 via the TIPI from the PC.

Upon re-reading the wiki i found the answer to a. I simply overlooked it.

People do overlook things, so try not be so "better than thou" sounding about everything Greg, its not good for you.

In fact, when you enter that "better than thou" mode of yours, i have a hard time telling you apart from Rich.

Edited by jrhodes

37 minutes ago, jrhodes said:

Yes, i realized after posting it that it probably should have been its own topic to start with.

Upon re-reading the wiki i found the answer to a. I simply overlooked it.

People do overlook things, so try not be so "better than thou" sounding about everything Greg, its not good for you.

In fact, when you enter that "better than thou" mode of yours, i have a hard time telling you apart from Rich.

whatever.. I am just trying to point out the answers are available if you make some effort.. take it personal if you like :)  

RXB RULES!   (AIRGUITAR)

• Like 1