IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - September 21st 2019

Pixelboy

Hello ColecoVisioneers!   :D

This news bulletin is way overdue, but stuff needed to fall into place before I could make all the announcements below. Let's jump into it, shall we? :)

SG-1000 PORTS WILL BE PUBLISHED BY YOURS TRULY

Some of you may recall an announcement I made two years ago about eight SG-1000 games ported to ColecoVision by Mystery Man, which were to be co-published with AtariAge. Since the project wasn't progressing as I had hoped, I have decided to publish all eight games myself next year. I haven't updated the Team Pixelboy web site yet, I will do so once the box templates for these upcoming eight games are done and ready.

TRADING ONE SPACE GAME FOR ANOTHER

It's funny how you expect to have "plenty" of time to do something, how you plan ahead and reserve weeks of free time for a specific task, but when that actual period comes, you end up doing something else entirely because priorities get shifted around at the last minute. This is pretty much what's been happening with Space Shuttle - A Journey Into Space. I had reserved most of this past summer for beta-testing the game and finishing the manuals. Can you take a wild guess as to how much time I spent on that? Try zero seconds. And now I'm in the same situation as last year: I've got a bunch of games to prepare and Christmas 2019 is coming up fast.

So yeah, you know where this is going: Space Shuttle has been pushed back to 2020. But wait!!! I'm replacing Space Shuttle with another game for the Christmas 2019 release lineup: A little-known, rather obscure arcade game named... R-Type. :D

An MSX port courtesy of Mystery Man, this game will use a 512K cartridge. The port is already completed and is currently being beta-tested, so I expect the game will be ready in time for Christmas. You can find out more about R-Type on teampixelboy.com.

Now that this announcement has been made, I will be contacting all my loyal customers by e-mail starting tomorrow, and give them the chance to pre-order R-Type. I need to know how many copies I need to manufacture.  :)

NOT TAKING ORDERS FOR OTHER GAMES

Aside from R-Type, I will not be accepting any pre-orders for any other Team Pixelboy games between now and Christmas. I will be concentrating on manufacturing copies for all pre-orders already recorded so far, and that's going to be hard enough without always adding stuff to my to-do list. I will probably start taking pre-orders again after the Christmas rush is behind me, so if you're thinking of pre-ordering any games (aside from R-Type) then please keep mulling it over until January or February 2020. ;)

On the plus side, the problems I was having with cartridges of The Cure have now been fixed, and I'll finally be able to assemble the cartridges for that game. I expect the beta-testing of Prisoner of War, Jewel Panic and R-Type will be completed by the end of October, so Christmas will be good this year: The Cure, Arcomage, 1942, Bomber King, Ghost, Prisoner of War, Jewel Panic and R-Type.

This concludes this Team Pixelboy News Bulletin. We now return you to your regular forum activities. :D

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

I definitely want in for the R-Type preorder.  I shot you an email, pixelboy, in the hopes that I can become a "loyal customer" in the future!  Now that i've taken the deep dive back into ColecoVision, i'm hoping to keep up with the releases so i'm not spending so much time (and money!) tracking down releases.  I've missed some great games!

-J

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

"Ghost" looks awesome! I'm most excited for that one.

As stated in the original post, Prisoner of War (who was made by the same guy who did Ghost) is currently being beta-tested, and from the recent communications I have had with my beta-tester, it seems the game has a lot of offer to any fan of Metal Gear.  ;)

44 minutes ago, smurfbert said:

Excellent news :) SG-1000 games... double nice, hope Monaco GP is included with steering wheel control :P

Edit - saw game list now....

Maybe make the boxes black to distinguish the SG-1000 ports from the other releases.

GP World (different from Monaco GP by the way) won't have any steering wheel support, sadly. I don't think it would work all that well with this particular game anyway, because the Coleco Expansion Module #2 works more like a paddle controller, and for a game like GP World, you'd need a steering wheel that has a certain limit to how much you can turn it left and right.

I already have a general idea in mind for the box layout for those SG-1000 ports. Hopefully you guys will like it.  :)

45 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

GP World (different from Monaco GP by the way) won't have any steering wheel support, sadly. I don't think it would work all that well with this particular game anyway, because the Coleco Expansion Module #2 works more like a paddle controller, and for a game like GP World, you'd need a steering wheel that has a certain limit to how much you can turn it left and right.

I already have a general idea in mind for the box layout for those SG-1000 ports. Hopefully you guys will like it.  :)

I understand the Expansion Module 2 is not always optical for all driving games.

You always do a great job with box layouts, so I am sure these will also look really nice in everyone's game collection.

1 hour ago, Pixelboy said:

42 minutes ago, doubledown said:

Well ideally it works with the SH-400:

oeWd9Z.jpg

Is GP a one-button or two-button game?

If it is a 1-button it should work with either of the sega wheels or a vintage 15-pin PC flight yolk with a PC-to-Amiga adapter. 

If it is a 2-button game, it will not, but would, of course, on the SG-1000.

Button two is only used for braking, so if you don't use the brake in these types of racing games, it would work.

On 9/21/2019 at 10:16 PM, Pixelboy said:

SG-1000 PORTS WILL BE PUBLISHED BY YOURS TRULY

Some of you may recall an announcement I made two years ago about eight SG-1000 games ported to ColecoVision by Mystery Man, which were to be co-published with AtariAge. Since the project wasn't progressing as I had hoped, I have decided to publish all eight games myself next year. I haven't updated the Team Pixelboy web site yet, I will do so once the box templates for these upcoming eight games are done and ready.

I would state this more convincingly, but saying it on the low-down ... the is a certain beloved alien Gordon with a bitd connection to ColecoVision and the SG-1000 that really should be done for this ...

7 hours ago, Swami said:

I would state this more convincingly, but saying it on the low-down ... the is a certain beloved alien Gordon with a bitd connection to ColecoVision and the SG-1000 that really should be done for this ...

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.  :? 

33 minutes ago, Donny Swanny said:

I had emailed just a few weeks ago regarding The Cure, please put me down for a preorder!

You, sir, have fallen prey to a phenomenon which I like to call "selective reading", where you read something and your brain decodes what it reads according to what it wants rather than what's actually written. Please read the paragraph titled "NOT TAKING ORDERS FOR OTHER GAMES" in the first post of this thread.

Thank you.  :)

3 minutes ago, Pixelboy said:

You, sir, have fallen prey to a phenomenon which I like to call "selective reading", where you read something and your brain decodes what it reads according to what it wants rather than what's actually written. Please read the paragraph titled "NOT TAKING ORDERS FOR OTHER GAMES" in the first post of this thread.

Thank you.  :)

D'oh, sorry!