IGNORED

who's picking up Dragon Quest XI this Friday?

digdugnate

11 hours ago, cybercylon said:

I may pick it up at some point as there is more content compared to the PS4 version. I did plan on getting it for the PS4, but I always said to myself, "you have too many games you haven't played yet". I could continue to use that excuse for the Switch version though.

Hate to admit it, but he beat me to it, minus the PS4 part as it would have been on Steam.  Most my Switch games aren't done, and I've got a stack of DS and PSP untouched or lightly used stuff and it eats at me.  Maybe it's time I just take the pain and start dumping things in mass to clear up the backlog. :(

• Like 1

Fortunately, I'm in a pretty good place game completion-wise for my Switch- I'm six hours into FFVIII, but otherwise I've actually finished 90% of my Switch backlog.  I tend to hyper-focus on one game until it's completed so generally there's not a bunch left for me to play.  Dead Cells and Rad are probably going to be the exceptions, since I don't think I'll ever conceivably complete them, lol.

Steam would probably be the only exception since I can't resist Humble Bundles and free games.  :D  I have games on there that will probably never be finished.

I don't own a Playstation, so this is a cool chance for me to check these titles out.  I was pretty stoked when FFX/X-2 came out and pre-ordered the Asian English version- I'm probably going to pick up DQ1/2/3 on cart in a few months after I finish DQ11.

I played through the PS4 version last year and sold it soon after.  I'm now waiting for the Switch version and will play through that one.  I really enjoy the DQ titles.

Speaking of which, I'll be grabbing DQ I, II and III this week on the e-shop.  This will finally allow me to play all my mainline Dragon Quest games on my 3ds or my Switch.  Now if they slide over DQ IV through IX to the e-shop I would be over the moon in excitement!  (Really though... how big of a stretch is it to think this will happen?  It's going to happen... right?!)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Lucky you dig dug 

i decided to take three games off my shelf to sell I barely touched I don’t see doing now. Vesperia and Capcpm belt action along with wonderboy.  Pulled 12+ total last night. If I can’t find the time sell it to make some. 

i've done that with a few XBox One games so i totally get that, for sure.  

23 hours ago, Tanooki said:

i decided to take three games off my shelf to sell I barely touched I don’t see doing now. Vesperia and Capcpm belt action along with wonderboy.  Pulled 12+ total last night. If I can’t find the time sell it to make some. 

I'm in the middle of Vesperia now.  It's a lot longer than I seem to remember it being when I played it back on the 360.  

On 9/23/2019 at 11:22 AM, King_Salamon said:

Speaking of which, I'll be grabbing DQ I, II and III this week on the e-shop.  This will finally allow me to play all my mainline Dragon Quest games on my 3ds or my Switch.  Now if they slide over DQ IV through IX to the e-shop I would be over the moon in excitement!  (Really though... how big of a stretch is it to think this will happen?  It's going to happen... right?!)

Are those the NES or SNES versions?  I've been hoping they will some day localize the SNES versions even though there's a patch for them (although II still has that nasty bug in it).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tempest said:

Are those the NES or SNES versions?  I've been hoping they will some day localize the SNES versions even though there's a patch for them (although II still has that nasty bug in it).

I'm not certain but I do recall one website saying that these are the ios versions?  I played DQ I on my phone and it was fine as the controls are not a big concern as you are using the direction for map movement.  From the screenshot I saw as well, it was definitely not the NES version... maybe it's the SNES version?  I've never saw SNES versions so I can't compare.

One thing I enjoyed from the ios version I played is that they removed the 'stairs' menu option.  That was a nice update that they made for it.

It would be nice to see a company (like the former Prima books) make a strategy guide for all three of these games again.  Not that we need them but those old games came with nice maps and fun to read manuals etc... it would be cool for a strategy guide to be available for these re-releases.

6 hours ago, Tempest said:

I'm in the middle of Vesperia now.  It's a lot longer than I seem to remember it being when I played it back on the 360. 

Well I had started on it, did a few hours, got to where you need to head into these woods I think as like a back way into the next area to avoid the enemy pursuit and I hadn't gone back because then other games came out.  I kind of forgot that I had it on amazon preorder for like nearly 6mo.  I easily can come back to it later, either on that, or on a really cheap Steam deal for PC.  I figure I may get to it, if I do so late, that well you know, the next thing may be along.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

It's like a 100 hour game. I think the Switch version has more content and can play in a mode that makes it look like a SNES. 

I haven't even finished the demo, so if I buy and start the full game, I'm officially a not-so-smart person. 

im about 100 hours in and still going. Quests to do, worlds to save, Tocklings to find. *cries* without spoilers, there are some bosses i've run into that in the low 50s are just not doable for me.

• Like 1

Well I finished off DQI as it's a fun little romp!  And I started up DQ XI earlier this week.  Then we lost power from Thursday night until Sunday early morning.  So while we were without power, I managed to play the 3 or so hours of charge on my Switch in the dark on DQ XI.  Even though I played through the game on the PS4 (nearly to the end, I wanted to save a little bit for the Switch version!) I'm enjoying it much more in handheld mode.  It's just easier to play for half and hour or longer with it playable anywhere.

I'm a total of about 5 hours into the game, which is nothing but I'm enjoying the ride all over again!  One day after I finish the game, I'll mess around with the 2d mode!

• Like 2