IGNORED

I'm doing Genesis reviews now; Feedback appreciated! Sunset Riders n Altered Beast

gorfcadet

My first two game reviews are Sunset Riders and Altered Beast.  I've always been a SEGA kid, so I thought after spending a year on the 7800, I'd dedicate my next run of videos to my all time favorite console.  Let me know what y'all think if you get a chance to check them out.  I'm wanting to do a list video soon featuring the best cheap games to start a Genesis collection with.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, gorfcadet said:

My first two game reviews are Sunset Riders and Altered Beast.  I've always been a SEGA kid, so I thought after spending a year on the 7800, I'd dedicate my next run of videos to my all time favorite console.  Let me know what y'all think if you get a chance to check them out.  I'm wanting to do a list video soon featuring the best cheap games to start a Genesis collection with.

Looked at your Altered Beast video, like the fact you add cheats.

Your very fair on the game i found.

If I had 1 constructive criticism, it's that for us European viewers,  we knew Altered Beast on the home micros courtesy of Activision..they paled next to the Genisis version..and as a C64 and ST owner, speech in games had been quite common in games, long before i bought a Mega Drive.

But that's me nit picking.

Really enjoyed the Video.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lost Dragon said:

Looked at your Altered Beast video, like the fact you add cheats.

Your very fair on the game i found.

If I had 1 constructive criticism, it's that for us European viewers,  we knew Altered Beast on the home micros courtesy of Activision..they paled next to the Genisis version..and as a C64 and ST owner, speech in games had been quite common in games, long before i bought a Mega Drive.

But that's me nit picking.

Really enjoyed the Video.

Were the micros better than the Fami/NES and Master System versions?  Those really hurt.  :) 

I still have my original model 1 Genny from 89 and original 32X and CD model 2.  Golden Ax - the user built me a nice all in one power supply out of a Gamecube power supply.

On 9/24/2019 at 5:16 AM, Lost Dragon said:

The C64 version was not Mark Jones finest work ?

Slow, no in-game music,  akward controls,  poor collision detection, ugly sprites etc.

The Atari ST version suffered from poor animation, jerky scrolling and bizzarely both player sprites in 2 player mode were indentical which lead to a lot of confusion ? 

That does sound really bad.  The NES version always seemed like a complete fail to me.  Like whoever worked on it really didn't want to work on it.

• Like 1