IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season #11 - Game 6 - Thunder Castle

16 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I would be good with that, BUT, in games that allow point farming like that you can have people doing it forever in the first level and never progressing through the game.  I feel like there should be some progression, so I do think there needs to be a certain minimum progression set in order to "qualify" a score for the HSC.  Just my thoughts.

I still think it should be points or progression. Depending on game.  

If farming can be an issue or not. 

We we never really had an issue, most of us that play in the HSC are here for the fun of playing the games (with a competitive edge to it )

?

Some integrity is involved as well. 

16 minutes ago, m-crew said:

I still think it should be points or progression. Depending on game.  

If farming can be an issue or not. 

We we never really had an issue, most of us that play in the HSC are here for the fun of playing the games (with a competitive edge to it )

?

Some integrity is involved as well. 

Agreed, it's all for fun.  A game like this though can be played for either points or progression...so there should be an element of both in the scoring.  Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Yep, all up to Jacob.

Problem with this game, is there's no level number visible on screen. I guess we just play on, farm a bit if want to... but don't just stay on level 1, which would be an easy way to score high.

Later levels its not easy to farm anyway. If I remember correct.

Games with maze boosts should reward the BIG points for clearing the stage, and keep points earned during levels low.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Man is this game slow and boring; 

but that’s just for me.  

Takes forever.  Lmao ? 

It is methodical for sure. But I love the strategy of it, plus the graphics and sound are amazing for the system. I heard Mystic Castle is a big improvement on the pace of the game. I gotta play that game but don’t have a way to yet. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

It is methodical for sure. But I love the strategy of it, plus the graphics and sound are amazing for the system. I heard Mystic Castle is a big improvement on the pace of the game. I gotta play that game but don’t have a way to yet. 

Graphics yes, Just take to long to rack up points and just so slow.. You need lots of time to kill the dudes and/or waiting around... Cant imagine farming .. you would just fall asleep.... lmao  I got to level 5 with that score... your scored 40k more in 3 levels.. It must of took you an hour/s to get that score..  Too boring for me... But  I can see the lure of this game for some.. Mystic Castle a vast improvement thats for sure..  

• Like 1

Graphics yes, Just take to long to rack up points and just so slow.. You need lots of time to kill the dudes and/or waiting around... Cant imagine farming .. you would just fall asleep.... lmao  I got to level 5 with that score... your scored 40k more in 3 levels.. It must of took you an hour/s to get that score..  Too boring for me... But  I can see the lure of this game for some.. Mystic Castle a vast improvement thats for sure..  

Yes it takes awhile. But I like the fact that you can play this game longer than a lot of Intellivision games out there. I am just a fan of maze games like this in general. To each his own. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Level 7thunder3.thumb.png.e25210d44f2066f40b390cff55bf43a8.png

Mystic Castle added easy modes that makes you faster than the red guardians.

Nice score no farming here pretty much how I played.. going to be a snooze fest to gain points that for sure.. Not sure if I will have the patience... lol

• Like 1

Just now, IntyFanMatt said:

Nice!  That must have taken awhile. What level did you get to?  And I thought you didn’t have the patience for this game as you said it was too slow and boring?

yes took awhile so bored except for level 3 ,6,9, if you see a pattern what levels I like..  and I need to put time in even in boring games to keep up to you and the others great players here.. 

Just now, mr_me said:

That's quite a score.  What round of levels did you get to?  People who play for distance often keep their score low, always grabbing the comb.  That way they get more free lives.

I was playing for distance and points this time around.... This round is going to be who can stay patience in luring those dudes at the right time and not getting bored in trying to have the right power up when hitting the bat,rat or red skull.. when lured lol 

49 minutes ago, m-crew said:

yes took awhile so bored except for level 3 ,6,9, if you see a pattern what levels I like..  and I need to put time in even in boring games to keep up to you and the others great players here.. 

Just surprised you put that much time and effort into a game that you seem to hate, LOL. So what level did you get to anyway? Is that level 3, 6, or 9?

Edited by IntyFanMatt