IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season #11 - Game 6 - Thunder Castle

Level 9 (almost 10)

m-crew you inspired me ?.  I was able to memorize where and when the comb would show up in order to steer clear of it...that thing is scary!  And the key is even more helpful than you’d ever think.  Seems hard to get past level 9 though. 

B3951F7F-3473-4AE8-809E-C9A6063330F9.jpeg

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Level 9 (almost 10)

m-crew you inspired me ?.  I was able to memorize where and when the comb would show up in order to steer clear of it...that thing is scary!  And the key is even more helpful than you’d ever think.  Seems hard to get past level 9 though. 

needless to say, the old record of 54ks is smashed three times over! ... huge scores now, but where are the others? lol. Maybe on Thin Ice still... ;)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Level 9 (almost 10)

Nice, looks like its going to be who can sit the longest and play this game..  you know what i mean... ;) lol

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Yup lol.  Sat there for hours last night.  

and really thats what will decide the winner of this round... who can farm the longest... Its really not even a thing of getting killed or losing lives... It'a when you choose to loose your lives...  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, m-crew said:

and really thats what will decide the winner of this round... who can farm the longest... Its really not even a thing of getting killed or losing lives... It'a when you choose to loose your lives...  

Right!!  And that's why I brought up the point in the beginning of this thread as to how the scoring of this game should be done.  The farming aspect of it takes a lot of the skill away from it.  It should focus more on getting farther in the game, not just score.  But people here seemed to have no issue with farming and wanted it to be scored that way.  You even said this at first..."I think things should be left at highest points."  So has your opinion changed now after playing the game for points?  ? 

Edited by IntyFanMatt

40 minutes ago, m-crew said:

Yup its pretty tough to get by level 9 thats for sure been trying for a while without racking(farming) points...

Yeah if I play this again here, I am just going to try to get past level 9 without farming and see how far I can get.  It should be more fun to play it that way.  

Edited by IntyFanMatt

50 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Right!!  And that's why I brought up the point in the beginning of this thread as to how the scoring of this game should be done.  The farming aspect of it takes a lot of the skill away from it.  It should focus more on getting farther in the game, not just score.  But people here seemed to have no issue with farming and wanted it to be scored that way.  You even said this at first..."I think things should be left at highest points."  So has your opinion changed now after playing the game for points?  ? 

I said that because there is no way of knowing how far someone gets. 

My opinion has  not changed. I don’t think games like this should be played on HSC.  But that’s just me. 

24 minutes ago, m-crew said:

I said that because there is no way of knowing how far someone gets. 

My opinion has  not changed. I don’t think games like this should be played on HSC.  But that’s just me. 

Ok, yeah this one may not be a good choice for the HSC. But since it’s here now, lemme ask you...do you think we should go by score or distance?  Basically is comes down to either a farming marathon or skill to go deep in the game that cannot be verified anyway. So maybe there is no good answer to that...

Edited by IntyFanMatt

2 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Ok, yeah this one may not be a good choice for the HSC. But since it’s here now, lemme ask you...do you think we should go by score or distance?  Basically is comes down to either a farming marathon or skill to go deep in the game that cannot be verified anyway. Thoughts?

I mentioned what I thought ,

just give participation points.  If you post a score. 

Just now, Bamse said:

Yeah, I'm still on Thin Ice. I see I'm a bit behind here ?

no worries your not missing a thing , just put a few hours aside for farming and some muchies beside you...  thers no challenge in this game in getting points but not getting board.. lol I know I can beat that high score only having enough free time is the challenge.. 

Edited by m-crew