Jump to content
JacobZu7zu7

Intellivision HSC Season #11 - Game 6 - Thunder Castle

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Just surprised you put that much time and effort into a game that you seem to hate, LOL. So what level did you get to anyway? Is that level 3, 6, or 9?

I surprised myself as well.. lmao!! that was level  9.. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

223,600

Level 9 (almost 10)

m-crew you inspired me 😉.  I was able to memorize where and when the comb would show up in order to steer clear of it...that thing is scary!  And the key is even more helpful than you’d ever think.  Seems hard to get past level 9 though. 

B3951F7F-3473-4AE8-809E-C9A6063330F9.jpeg

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

223,600

Level 9 (almost 10)

m-crew you inspired me 😉.  I was able to memorize where and when the comb would show up in order to steer clear of it...that thing is scary!  And the key is even more helpful than you’d ever think.  Seems hard to get past level 9 though. 

B3951F7F-3473-4AE8-809E-C9A6063330F9.jpeg

needless to say, the old record of 54ks is smashed three times over! ... huge scores now, but where are the others? lol. Maybe on Thin Ice still... ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

needless to say, the old record of 54ks is smashed three times over! ... huge scores now, but where are the others? lol. Maybe on Thin Ice still... ;)

Good question. I haven’t seen Bamse around here in awhile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

223,600

Level 9 (almost 10)

m-crew you inspired me 😉.  I was able to memorize where and when the comb would show up in order to steer clear of it...that thing is scary!  And the key is even more helpful than you’d ever think.  Seems hard to get past level 9 though. 

B3951F7F-3473-4AE8-809E-C9A6063330F9.jpeg

Nice, looks like its going to be who can sit the longest and play this game..  you know what i mean... ;) lol

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, m-crew said:

Nice, looks like its going to be who can sit the longest and play this game..  you know what i mean... ;) lol

Yup lol.  Sat there for hours last night.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Yup lol.  Sat there for hours last night.  

and really thats what will decide the winner of this round... who can farm the longest... Its really not even a thing of getting killed or losing lives... It'a when you choose to loose your lives...  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO, I think this round should only hand out participation points for who ever post's a score.. Because it doesnt show how far you get on the screen and you can farm forever for points .. Which makes this a skill less game.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

 

Level 9 (almost 10)

 Seems hard to get past level 9 though. 

 

Yup its pretty tough to get by level 9 thats for sure been trying for a while without racking(farming) points...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, m-crew said:

and really thats what will decide the winner of this round... who can farm the longest... Its really not even a thing of getting killed or losing lives... It'a when you choose to loose your lives...  

Right!!  And that's why I brought up the point in the beginning of this thread as to how the scoring of this game should be done.  The farming aspect of it takes a lot of the skill away from it.  It should focus more on getting farther in the game, not just score.  But people here seemed to have no issue with farming and wanted it to be scored that way.  You even said this at first..."I think things should be left at highest points."  So has your opinion changed now after playing the game for points?  🙂 

Edited by IntyFanMatt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, m-crew said:

Yup its pretty tough to get by level 9 thats for sure been trying for a while without racking(farming) points...

Yeah if I play this again here, I am just going to try to get past level 9 without farming and see how far I can get.  It should be more fun to play it that way.  

Edited by IntyFanMatt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Right!!  And that's why I brought up the point in the beginning of this thread as to how the scoring of this game should be done.  The farming aspect of it takes a lot of the skill away from it.  It should focus more on getting farther in the game, not just score.  But people here seemed to have no issue with farming and wanted it to be scored that way.  You even said this at first..."I think things should be left at highest points."  So has your opinion changed now after playing the game for points?  🙂 

I said that because there is no way of knowing how far someone gets. 

My opinion has  not changed. I don’t think games like this should be played on HSC.  But that’s just me. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, m-crew said:

I said that because there is no way of knowing how far someone gets. 

My opinion has  not changed. I don’t think games like this should be played on HSC.  But that’s just me. 

 

 

Ok, yeah this one may not be a good choice for the HSC. But since it’s here now, lemme ask you...do you think we should go by score or distance?  Basically is comes down to either a farming marathon or skill to go deep in the game that cannot be verified anyway. So maybe there is no good answer to that...

Edited by IntyFanMatt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Ok, yeah this one may not be a good choice for the HSC. But since it’s here now, lemme ask you...do you think we should go by score or distance?  Basically is comes down to either a farming marathon or skill to go deep in the game that cannot be verified anyway. Thoughts?

I mentioned what I thought ,

just give participation points.  If you post a score. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, m-crew said:

I mentioned what I thought ,

just give participation points.  If you post a score. 

 

 

 

I read that but that seems so anti-climatic for the HSC and a waste of a game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IntyFanMatt said:

I read that but that seems so anti-climatic for the HSC and a waste of a game. 

Yes but this game is what it is. And it’s not fair to reward people more points when there’s no skill involved or no way to varify level.   

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, mr_me said:

So which level did you guys score most of your points; first dragon/forest level?

Level 1 and level 3 seem best for point farming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mr_me said:

So which level did you guys score most of your points; first dragon/forest level?

To tell you the truth all levels are easy to farm... Just need patience and time...  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bamse said:

Yeah, I'm still on Thin Ice. I see I'm a bit behind here 😁

no worries your not missing a thing , just put a few hours aside for farming and some muchies beside you...  thers no challenge in this game in getting points but not getting board.. lol I know I can beat that high score only having enough free time is the challenge.. 

Edited by m-crew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh I also know when or if i beat that high score that my high score will be beaten again.. so not pointing fingers .. It just pointing out facts..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...