IGNORED

Atari STfm internal hd controller

utri007

Hello

I really would like to get MonSTer, but seems that they are not availlable. http://www.fairlite.co.uk/AtariKit/monster/monster.html

If I try to order I get to paypal, but when I'm tryin to pay I get this :

We're sorry, ST/MegaST MonSTer isn’t available at this time.

With some googling seems that situation has been this from 2017

What are my other options? Are there any?  I don't want to get ultra satan. I really want HD solution to be internal.

With modern storage = Flash cards external is better because easy changing of SD or CF cards. If you build it in computer then need to make access possible, so some drilling of case, mounting it stable on proper place is necessary.

There is way to use UltraSatan as internal in any ST, just need to attach (solder) ACSI cable on proper locations. You can order case less variant from Lotharek.

2 hours ago, ParanoidLittleMan said:

With modern storage = Flash cards external is better because easy changing of SD or CF cards.

I want "set and forget" setup, just like my amigas are. Why I would like to change sd or CF card? Is there a risks that they get broken often? etc? I don't want to worry to remeber that my Atari has a "tail", whem I move it.

Edited by utri007

Even if you have only 1 card, it is good when it is accessible. You DL some SW with your PC, MAC - then can attach card to it via USB reader and copy it on that card, so can run it with your Atari .

Under 'change' I did not mean replacing broken card, just using some other, with different content. Adapters like UltraSatan and better driver SW support hot swap, so must not even turn computer off for that.

59 minutes ago, utri007 said:

I want "set and forget" setup, just like my amigas are. Why I would like to change sd or CF card? Is there a risks that they get broken often? etc? I don't want to worry to remeber that my Atari has a "tail", whem I move it.

There is also new UltraSatan Mini which plugs directly to port  so no cables

I use NetUSB to get files into my Atari.  I own two.  With the new UIPTool (new version this year) software transfer speed is good enough.  Yesterday, I transferred a file that was nearly 1.7 megs with it. It took awhile, but only like 15-25 seconds, was not really counting.

I keep a PC and my Falcon on the same desk.  My desk has a keyboard drawer that pulls out for the PC keyboard and mouse.    I set the Falcon on the top above that drawer.  Two monitors.  One for the falcon right in front and one to the side for the PC.  This makes file transfer extremely easy.  I usually do not setup megs and megs of stuff to transfer, just transfer what I need at the time.  Seems to work well. BTW, my Falcon has a 32 GIG PATA SSD in it, no changing of cards necessary.

You can find the UIPTool in the Pinned Links Thread.  The NetUSB link is in the same thread at Lotharek's.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/264652-atari-st-tt-falcon-links/

Edited by SoulBuster
Added link

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 6:14 PM, SoulBuster said:

I use NetUSB to get files into my Atari.  I own two.  With the new UIPTool (new version this year) software transfer speed is good enough.  Yesterday, I transferred a file that was nearly 1.7 megs with it. It took awhile, but only like 15-25 seconds, was not really counting.

How well usb part works? Is possible to use as a hard drivè?

I send a mail to Alan Hourihane and asked about MonSTer. He saisd that there will be new patch of MonSTers early next year.