IGNORED

Atari Lynx II battery cover STL file?

miker

Hi Guys!

I've purchased Atari Lynx II recently. Everything works (except scrren which I want to mod) but battery cover is missing.

I know that there are many places to get missing part (original or substitute) but has anybody acces to STL file of it?

I ask because I have (limited) access to 3D printers.

Thanks in advance.

miker

I can try and put one together next week but as @power noted it will not survive constant removal if you plan to use batteries. However if you just want a cover, a 3D printed one can work well...especially once this mod is available... https://atarigamer.com/pages/unstable-warpfield-lipo-battery-addon-board-for-atari-lynx

So I've put this together today. Had to print close to 10 prototypes before settling on a design.

It actually feels very solid, printed in PLA. I've might do a few more tweaks and will upload the STL in the next few days.

How cool does the colour blend look though? ?

IMG_5563.thumb.jpg.a08260fec3eb843201fe256979c3ef13.jpgE361D28D-73E9-440C-9821-8A177CFBEFC1.thumb.jpg.771304a92678438b4a35409cb037b227.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

that looks nice. the only 3d printed things I've seen come out of my mate's 3d printer has that spaghetti effect where you can see the filament in the finished product.  yours looks nice and smooth!

random question: there used to be a website where you could upload an stl and get quotes from people who owned a printer and would sell you a print. any idea what that site was? I wanted to use it a few months ago. the sites  I found were all corporate and charged far too much. 

Edited by bobmoo79

Thingiverse is probably the way to go, that's where this STL will end up. You can also leave a tip to the author, which is a nice encouragement.

I don't use batteries so didn't try to put anything there, however some foam should do the trick.

On 9/29/2019 at 3:12 AM, Igor said:

It actually feels very solid, printed in PLA. I've might do a few more tweaks and will upload the STL in the next few days.

Does your printer support using carbon fiber? I'd seen some excellent results in super-firm parts even using chopped carbon fiber (CF in a single spool) and continues carbon fiber (requires 2 simultaneous spools) is crazy strong. The first brand I had seen offering that was markforfged, but I think there are others now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2019 at 3:12 AM, Igor said:

So I've put this together today. Had to print close to 10 prototypes before settling on a design.

How cool does the colour blend look though? ?

IMG_5563.thumb.jpg.a08260fec3eb843201fe256979c3ef13.jpgE361D28D-73E9-440C-9821-8A177CFBEFC1.thumb.jpg.771304a92678438b4a35409cb037b227.jpg

That's awesome. I'd say the Lynx Battery Cover is probably even in more demand than the 5200's storage bin flip door...

• Like 1

• 4 years later...