IGNORED

Rarest Stuff You Own?(including Atari)

bluejay

-Only known cib 3d attack for the arcadia 2001

-Only known nos cib ITT odyssee (odyssey clone)

-Only known trevi game system (italian rca s2 clone)

-Topo androbot

-Near mint early version pong arcade machine

-only known boxed channel f demo 2

-mike white's personal astrobugs club keychain

-nos cib bit 90 computer

I could go on but thats enough flaunting for now i think lol

• Like 5

A boxed with shipping box Odyssey (especially rare in Europe, but I bet that shipping box isn't so common in the US as well).

A copy of Muncher for the Bally Astrocade (clone of Pac-Man that was sold under various ways for Astrocade owners)

If we go by "rare where you live", a working Bally Astrocade is certainly a rare console in Europe.

3 BitCorp Gamate, including one with a screen variant that seems unique.

An Elektronika BK, a Vektor 06C, a Orel BK and a Lviv PC-01, all Soviet computers, obviously rare outside of ex-USSR - and for the Lviv and the Vektor 06C, also rare, the Lviv being a short-lived Ukrainian production and the Vektor being a somewhat non-official one that didn't got official Soviet channels to sell.

• Like 1

I have a few rarities in my collection. Here are a few notables:

-2600/VCS: probably Wall Ball. I have the instructions, but no box.

-Colecovision: Oil's Well, white label. I wrote on it as a kid, though. D'oh!
-Vectrex: I have a Vectrex. That's kinda rare in itself, right?
-NES: Gun-Nac is probably the rarest game.
-SMS: Power Strike, US mail-order release, CIB.
-Genesis: Crusader of Centy or Spiritual Warfare, they are both hard to find.

-SNES: Either Demon's Crest or Space Megaforce
-Game Boy: Castlevania Legends
-3DO: I have a Goldstar 3DO which is tough to find.

-Saturn: Guardian Heroes CIB

-PS1: I have a few; Klonoa, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Space Griffon VF-9 and Starblade Alpha are all CIB and tough to find.
-GBC: Metal Gear Solid CIB
-DC: Giga Wing 2 CIB

I've a 2600 Park Bros WIP prototype and a review copy (proto release) of another Parker Bros game.

For Colecovision it would be my loose Wizard of Id

For 7800 I guess it would be the 7800 Anniversary carts that CPUWiz released several years back along with my PMP collection cart from CPU as well.

That's enough for this thread hehe.

Sticking just to games/related stuff I've got a few nice things, though I mean your definition of rare depends too (rare really really or just expensive, both?)

- Qwak for GBA (one of only 300 made by the original game author when porting it)

- Retail hanging original Super Nintendo sign (the one with Caped Mario riding Yoshi)

- (DMG) Gameboy Test cart, no ROM installed, has an old gold colored RARE logo on it, so it was used by them for game development

- Sealed excellent copy of the original run of Pokemon Red Version

- Hyper Fighting for the Virtual Boy (original release, not a repop of that homebrew)

- The blockbuster rental case 100% intact for the Virtual Boy

- Pinball Challenge Deluxe and also Pinball Advance, both GBA UK only releases, very limited, rarely ever show up on ebay etc.

I know pokemon isn't rare by any stretch but sealed up in great shape games aren't common by any mean (or cheap.)

I could do a pretty neat list of games from the NES/GB through Gamecube/GBA period, but I mean really, is much of any of that truly and honestly rare or at least up to opinion?  I've got odd stuff domestic and import, already mentioned those pinball games, but also stuff like Trip World too.  Most games we just don't know how many were released other than like the overly documented case of Tengen Tetris as we know the total made but a supply of those were recalled and destroyed and others lost to time since.  There are things I had before but sold like the Mail Away NES Faria Map, but I did a service high end scanning and releasing without watermarks that online over at digital press as people were hanging it over others heads years ago which bugged me. :)

I have some Sega Saturn promotional stuff that is probably pretty rare.  Including a letter from Sega to retailers about the promo materials.  I always say that it kind of falls into that "rare but probably not worth anything" category.  I've heard other people say they have the pamphlets, but haven't heard of anyone else having the letter.

I did scan it all in and put up on Imgur, though...

https://imgur.com/gallery/2ZX4upv

On 9/24/2019 at 4:34 PM, stupus said:

-Only known cib 3d attack for the arcadia 2001

-Only known nos cib ITT odyssee (odyssey clone)

-Only known trevi game system (italian rca s2 clone)

-Topo androbot

-Near mint early version pong arcade machine

-only known boxed channel f demo 2

-mike white's personal astrobugs club keychain

-nos cib bit 90 computer

I could go on but thats enough flaunting for now i think lol

Did you spend, like, your estate on collecting games or something?

Some of the most rare items in my gaming collection that saw an official release would probably be:

• CIB Atari Jaguar CD (still working)
  • CIB Halloween for Atari 2600 (with label)
  • NTSC cart only copy of X-Man for Atari 2600
  • Cart only copy of Fortune Hunter for Atari 8-bit
  • CIB NeuroDancer for 3DO
  • Twinkle Knights for 3DO (missing spine card)
  • CIB Ninja Commando DogTag for Neo Geo AES (seems to be the most difficult of the DogTags to acquire, currently only missing World Heroes 2 Jet before having a complete DogTag set)
  • Like 1

I have the only Vectrex "color test" ("colors reveal your personality") unit that I know of, unless someone found another in the past 20 years or so. Naturally I dumped it right away back in the day. Just tried a google search, vectrex color displays kept getting in the way.

Edited by Bruce Tomlin

The following Sega Genesis games, all including the original case:

Truxton (also have the manual)

Mega Turrican

Sagaia

Contra Hard Corps

Gaiares

My rarest NES game is probably Ninja Gaiden III but it's just a loose cart. My SNES games are all pretty common.