IGNORED

Anyone who knows anything about Donkey Kong PK - availability, how to obtain etc?

Giles N

28 minutes ago, groundtrooper said:

It is AMAZING. 

Contact tep392 via PM. 

Echo groundtroopers comment.  Tep392’s DK PK port is truly amazing.  Whenever we have friends over for a game night, I have to dedicate one of my 7800’s for this cart.?

I highly recommend the POKEY (PK) version.  The first time you plug in that cart, and hear that glorious POKEY sound, you will be instantly transported back to the arcade.

• Like 3

Yep, contact Perry (tep392). When I got mine about a month ago, he said I got his last board, and I'm not sure how often he restocks, but certainly worth a PM. It's $52 shipped and includes the cart w/nice label and a high-quality manual. You have to mail Perry a POKEY or Ballblazer donor cart on top of the $52 PayPal payment. Marc O. sells a matching box if that's your thing. Best of luck!

30 minutes ago, FroggoGamer said:

If this Pokey One thing works for other Homebrews I assume they could be used for this game as well?

I'm going to need a new copy someday but I'm in a game desert so no Ballblazers to be found here. 

I believe it has been confirmed by tep392 that POKEY One does work with DKPK.

I can't find the post right now though. 

---- EDIT ----

Here is the post. 

10 hours ago, Starius said:

I've been thinking about getting a PokeyOne for this game, myself.

Ever since I saw a video that featured Pokey sounds for this game, my original 7800 Donkey Kong sounds just make me cringe. 

I thought I read where PokeyONEs cost $40 per? You're better off going with the real thing for less.

Best Electronics still sells them for $20, but limit 1, plus shipping costs, so the price differential is less than it initially appears Plus, if you want more than 1 for homebrew carts, or want to use them in stereo POKEY setups in A8 computers, you’re out of luck.

5 hours ago, Starius said:

If you can point me to a place that has them for less, I'm all for it.  But I've seen them go for that on ebay. 

Looks like cart-only stock is low at the moment on eBay, but you'll be able to get one for $25 shipped if you wait a week or two and make it a saved search w/notifications and pounce. $30 shipped if you're not as picky. I've seen retro game stores sell them for $5-10 because they don't know they're special haha. 

• Like 1