IGNORED

PRGE 2019 Attendance

Ryan Witmer

I've seen threads like this in a few other system forums, so I thought I'd put one here.

Who among the 5200 faithful is planning to be at this year's Portland Retro Gaming Expo?

I'll be there on Saturday.  I'll probably get to the convention center around 11:30 and will be there pretty much the rest of the day.  I'll be wandering about shopping and periodically checking the AtariAge booth to make sure that nobody has broken my Magical Fairy Force demo.

If you see the tall skinny guy in the Seattle Storm hat and the bright red Dig Dug Pooka t-shirt, that's me.  Feel free to grab me and make me tell you all about the effort that went into the RealSports Curling physics... or don't.

• Like 2

My wife and I will both be in attendance this year all weekend. Likely be the last one I can attend for sometime. Not only the expense but also the date change for next year conflicts with quite a bit that usually occurs at my work during that time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Lolkiu64 said:

Would anybody going to PRGE be interested in a Trackball 5200 Controller?

I plan on giving it away for free, but I just want to make sure it's going to be in the hands of a 5200 owner. The ball and number pads work fine, but it's the 4 buttons that are non functional.

You should take it to the event and stop by the AA booth. I or someone might very well be there who could maybe look at it and see about getting it fixed up? If nothing else, it would cool it could be made to work enough that it could be plugged up and used during the show? I'm not sure I've ever seen a trak-ball controller being used at the AA booth at any event before?

@Albert?

Here!

Today was great! The free-play arcade was such a total throwback... everything from (clean) old school video games to rock n’ heavy metal music. Also, arcade food like pretzels, ice cream and sodas. I noticed that the home console area had nice, fully functional Atari 2600s, Magnavox Odyssey, N64, and other units. I’ll have to check tomorrow for the 5200s. My kids are young, so we had limited time, but we were able to do two rounds today. Tomorrow at the AA booth should be awesome!

• Like 1