IGNORED

Commodore xPet Emulator(Vice)-keyboard inquiry

evildead9000

I'm having a heck of a time figuring out how to write reverse characters using the xpet emulator.

I am eventually able to write an inverted heart (clr/home), but it feels like it works when it wants to!

I can also enable reverse, but can't turn it off in the same print statement (after I have written what I want as inverted).

Reverse S for home position, insert/delete are difficult as well.

I tried searching Google and the Vice manual, but can't seem to find the info.

Can anyone help out? I'd appreciate any info/shortcuts that you've got!

Thanks!

Edited by evildead9000

Whenever you type a double quote character, it enters a quote mode which captures most cursor movement and control characters into their literal code byte, for use in strings.  You can delete that double quote, but you'll still be in quote mode.  You need to type another double quote character (or press Return) to exit quote mode.

If you want to print a reverse heart, you should enter reverse mode, type a shift-S, then likely turn reverse mode off.  Shift-Off/Rvs (page down on my default VICE mapping) hould turn the reverse mode off (ie, shift performs the top label of the key, namely "off").  Both reverse on and reverse off can be captured in quote mode, so you can programmatically do PRINT "This: {rvs}{shift S}{off} is an reversed heart" as well.

Oh, and if you insert spaces (via Shift-Inst/Del) then that's another mode that captures even more keystrokes, but only for the number of spaces you inserted.

Edited by White Flame
  • Like 1