IGNORED

Words of TI wisdom (add your own).

Omega-TI

That buzzing sound you hear when you attach a computer to the microphone input of the tape cable, is from the open ground loop with the speaker. Really, you aren't going crazy, just connect the two grounds from the two leads together, and it's all good.  (I had to figure this out on my own. It was unpleasant.)

• Like 3

A TI-99’s composite signal is never noisy.  It displays precisely the colours it means to.  It just contains more signal decoration than less interesting video signals.

If you're having trouble making out the image being displayed, this is because you have failed to use the officially mandated PHA4000 or PHA4100 colour monitors.  Shame on you. 

• Like 2

1983 Motor Cycle Mag:

"Man dearly loves to complicated things, no one is fascinated with a Crescent Wrench."

Later in same article:

"Anything that can be fixed with a Flat Blade Screwdriver and Pliers in under 3 minutes is designed by a god!"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, --- Ω --- said:

I'm getting slower mentally in my old age Rich, but I have to admit, you lost me on those two... how do they relate to the TI?

I went with the 8/16-bit "nonsense" of the 99/4, and GPL.  Wonderfully complicated compared to other home computers of the era.

• Like 1

Master Tī rested in his Lotos garden when young programmer Mōve stepped up to him.

"Master Tī of great wisdom, you taught us that we have to listen before we speak, and read before we write.

But this takes so much time, and time is so scarce."

Master Tī picked up a twig from the ground,

broke it in the middle, showed it to the programmer and said:

"Mind your words."

At that moment the programmer was enlightened.

Young programmer Mōve wants his time,

and Master Tī shows a broken twig.

Would you rather deal with someone

who means only half of what he says?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, --- Ω --- said:

I'm getting slower mentally in my old age Rich, but I have to admit, you lost me on those two... how do they relate to the TI?

1. First one shows why the TI99/4A is so slow as they put a 16 bit Chip on a 8 bit bus and then made it on a double interrupt all tied to a single line.

The TI99/4A is slow due to man wanting to complicate the hell out of things. Been better to keep it simple stupid.

2. Takes more than those tools to fix a TI.

Just thought it was a great line.

Sorry did not know being graded on what being said. I was using ones I say all the time and are freaking pretty wise.

• Like 1