IGNORED

Atari 7800 SD Multi-cart announced by RetroHQ

Tidus79001

Just found this today.  I don't think a thread exists for this yet (I apologize in advance if I am creating a duplicate thread).  Very much looking forward this amazing SD card solution from SainT,

https://www.retrorgb.com/atari-7800-sd-multi-cart-announced-by-retrohq.html

image.thumb.png.79d08d5dbf63fc3e8908636843834183.png

Release date and price point remain unknown for the moment.

Edited by Tidus79001
  • Like 10

2 minutes ago, Tempest said:

It got mentioned in my 7800 SD Cart thread but I don't see a problem with starting a thread specifically for this.

I did notice your thread and wanted to start one specifically for the purposes of this project so that there wouldn't be any confusion to this being totally separate from other 7800 SD carts.

@Tempest I am sorry that my Stevie Wonder meme comment in your thread has become the Thumbnail associated with it. :lol:

And yes I am very exited for @SainT's project even though I currently have a couple 7800 SD options already. The more the merrier.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jaybird3rd said:

Very interesting.  I'll be curious to know what cartridge shell they have in mind for it; I don't have a stock Atari shell in front of me to compare, but that board doesn't look like it would be a good fit for it.

Looks like a custom short-shell cart design, given the location of the pads for the microSD card reader.

On 9/27/2019 at 12:57 PM, groundtrooper said:

And yes I am very exited for @SainT's project even though I currently have a couple 7800 SD options already. The more the merrier. 

I already have a CC2 but I will definitely also be buying one of each new cart produced.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2019 at 6:57 PM, jaybird3rd said:

Very interesting.  I'll be curious to know what cartridge shell they have in mind for it; I don't have a stock Atari shell in front of me to compare, but that board doesn't look like it would be a good fit for it.

Why care about a cart shell???Be happy to get a multicart ?

Agreed. While I like having the carts themselves, I prefer to play off a multicart. It's more convenient and saves wear and tear on the contacts. All the systems I have set up have multicarts except the Arcadia 2001 and the Atari 7800. Hopefully the 7800 will be off that list soon.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

Great to see some physical boards. So is SainT implementing a POKEY clone via some of those SMD components or ... what, exactly? Some of the his tweets prior to this one mentioned tweaking things for POKEY support.

Personally I don't think it would be of any issue if there is not POKEY support on this. All the better if there is for sure though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shawn said:

Personally I don't think it would be of any issue if there is not POKEY support on this. All the better if there is for sure though.

He followed up with a subsequent tweet that indicated POKEY is going into an FPGA on-board. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1