IGNORED

TIX development (on hold)

Asmusr

13 hours ago, jwild said:

4. sometimes when completing a box (and not capturing a tix), the game thinks the level has ended and goes to the "split tix" screen and increments the score multiplier.   

Thank you for the bug reports. It good to have any issues recorded should I decide to finish the game at some point.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I made a change that should prevent you from getting a split TIX when there's only one TIX. I don't know how to reproduce the original issue, so I'm not sure that the fix is working, but I did not have any issues after playing a number of games.

Another issue I think people have mentioned is that you cannot finish a path at the corner of an already filled area. For instance, in the illustration below the path of Xs cannot end at the indicated point, and it cannot continue down the side of the filled area either.  You have to make a left turn and end the path another place perpendicular to a wall. This limitation is not a bug but the only way I could ensure that surrounded areas are always fillled.

#####
oooo#
oooo#XXXX
oooo#   X
#####   X
     XXXX

tix.rpk tix8.bin

• Like 4

It may seem like I don't have anything else going on in my life....but today is Friday and I had to jump right on testing this new release.

I gave this release about 5 plays.

It appears the ending of a level with the "split tix" message even when there is only one tix has been fixed.

I did discover a new issue where i can trap a single tix inside a box, but the level does not end.   i can go around the map and make other boxes and the level will end once i've captured enough area.   in the meantime, the tix bounces around inside the box i drew around it. 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 9:46 PM, jwild said:

Example of caught tix but level not complete

Thanks. I can reproduce the issue if I move into a square that would end a path and then retract just before the area is filled.

I'm not sure if I can fix that issue or it's just something to avoid permanently.

• Like 2

On 2/8/2020 at 3:41 PM, Asmusr said:

Thanks. I can reproduce the issue if I move into a square that would end a path and then retract just before the area is filled.

I'm not sure if I can fix that issue or it's just something to avoid permanently.

I can reproduce the issue by continuing to move in one direction to finish the box as well.  I don't think it is just when retracting right before the area is filled.

Here is another issue/feature/bug.

When closing a box where there is just one space between two other existing boxes, the player get stuck and cannot close the box.   a second or two later, the player dies. 

Hard to describe, so I attached a screen shot.   I have tried to close the box by drawing a line in row 3 between boxes that are bordered by lines in row 2 and 4.

very easy to recreate.   let me know if you have questions.   also let me know if you don't want more feedback.

one row tix.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 7 months later...
On 2/7/2020 at 9:27 PM, jwild said:

It may seem like I don't have anything else going on in my life....but today is Friday and I had to jump right on testing this new release.

I gave this release about 5 plays.

It appears the ending of a level with the "split tix" message even when there is only one tix has been fixed.

I did discover a new issue where i can trap a single tix inside a box, but the level does not end.   i can go around the map and make other boxes and the level will end once i've captured enough area.   in the meantime, the tix bounces around inside the box i drew around it. 

wow you're a quix killer!