IGNORED

Just starting on the TI99/4a

KBRpilot

Hello,

I recently found a TI99/4A in a local thrift store and since I have been fascinated with the system and am a retro gamer, I decided to get it and start collecting for it.  Though I had a TRS80 Model 1, an Atari 800XL and also a C64c in the 80's I never had this computer so I'm pretty new to it.  Recently I got some games and have been enjoying playing with it (have a video of the unboxing the games on my Youtube channel) and an old Radio Shack CCR-81 recorder that I have works well with it.  I would also like to be able to play disk games, but since this is a system I get out when I want to use it and put it away when not using it, the big 1/2 tower like case for the disk drive add-on is a bit inconvenient for me.  Looking for alternatives, I learned about the NanoPEB.  I use similar options for my Atari 800 and my C128.  Does anyone know if it's still possible to buy a NanoPEB and if so, where?  Thanks for any help.

• Like 2

Hey and welcome.. first off make sure you look at the FAQ (pinned post) I have nanopeb's in stock and 32k/TIPI sidecars if you want to go that route at my store at arcadeshopper.com .. TIPI's are shipping next month.  I wrote this blog entry on the TIPI and address it's capabilities over the nanopeb.. https://www.arcadeshopper.com/wp/?p=297

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pixelpedant said:

A lot of people go with the TIPI these days instead, but the NanoPEB does remain my preference.

Having owned both, I highly recommend the 32K/TIPI/RPi route.  It's more money, but gives you WAY MORE capability than the Nano-PEB.  You only get what you pay for and in the case of the TIPI, it's a LOT MORE.

• Like 1