IGNORED

What Types Of Snacks Do You Eat When You Play Games?

Back in the day, it was play games until the pizza was done and then more games until the tokens ran out. Or at the bowling alley it was chips and pop. At putt-putt it was best to get a burger and frys across the street at BurgerKing. At the corner store Slush Puppy's and pretzle rods, And lot's of good old school candy. Those were the days!:)

• Like 2

I typically don't eat while playing- if I get hungry, I stop, go eat, then come back. Partially for the sake of clean controllers, partially becuase it's a distraction- I need my hands to play!

I do tend to keep a drink handy for longer play sessions- this alternates between Dr. Pepper and just plain water, depending on how healthy I feel like being that day. Always with a lid, no open glasses- just in case of a spill. Keep things tidier for a quick cleanup.

This is specifically for videogames- if it happens to be board game night, there's usually some sort of snacks floating around! We tend to have a mix of the dry & crunchy (popcorn, chips, etc.), candy, possibly snack cakes. Basically anything that can keep in a bowl on the table for an extended period of time. The proper 'meal' of board game night is usually pizza, burgers, or breaded chicken- and much like when playing videogames, it is handled separately from the actual games. This is purely for preservation's sake- we don't want greasy fingers or pizza sauce on the easily-stained cardboard bits!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

The only games I'll play while eating are turn-based games, RPGs mostly.  With action games, you are constantly pausing to reach for your food, and it just kills the momentum.

When I do eat while gaming, it's gotta be pizza, because the combination of pizza + games is forever linked in my mind from when I was a kid.  Having said that, pizza here in Japan is expensive (20-30USD for what might be a M or small L pizza in the US) yet borderline awful (tomato sauce is way too sweet, not enough cheese—or not enough GOOD cheese anyway), so my go-to snack is usually just a small bowl of nuts.

I do like to sit down with a nice (alcoholic) drink and play games though.  I've got a lot of pleasant (recent) memories of slowly getting more and more drunk off of 25% alcohol shochu while playing through Wizardry 1-3 and Bard's Tale 1. :)

The only time I get to game is in the evening and my snack of choice every evening, whether gaming or just watching tv is sweet, juicy, refreshing, delicious, healthy grapes.  No seeds, no grease all over my controller.  I eat a filling enough dinner and don't stay up till the early hours so no need to gorge myself on junk.