IGNORED

Jaguar Audio/Video test software?

Judas-Prime

Forgive me if this has been covered, but i was curious is there is audio/video test software for the Jaguar. Something I could load on my Jaguar SD and do some basic stereo audio sweeps to check the left and right channels...stuff like that.

again, i apologize if this has been covered elsewhere, i did a cursory search and found nothing specific to my search query. 

Cheers

13 hours ago, Zerosquare said:

The instructions mention an up-to-6-second black screen on startup, so maybe you just didn't wait long enough?

I just tried it again and waited a full minute....just a black screen. Could be an issue with the fact that the Test cart Instructions says that the Jaguar boot screen will be bypassed. This could be in conflict with how the Jaguar SD handled booting after a rom has been selected.....but I have no idea.

I think I figured out what is going on. I hooked up my Jag to the serial port on my old XP laptop, fired up hyper-terminal and checked the the advanced diag settings. It appears it needs to be set to "auto run" for it to run the tests automatically on boot up. The settings are saved on the cart's 93C46 EEPROM chip. I seem to remember that there was a way to dump the contents of the chip but I can't remember now how to do it. If I am able to dump the save chip you should be able to load it on the JagSD cart and run the diag, I think.

Mitch

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mitch said:

I think I figured out what is going on. I hooked up my Jag to the serial port on my old XP laptop, fired up hyper-terminal and checked the the advanced diag settings. It appears it needs to be set to "auto run" for it to run the tests automatically on boot up. The settings are saved on the cart's 93C46 EEPROM chip. I seem to remember that there was a way to dump the contents of the chip but I can't remember now how to do it. If I am able to dump the save chip you should be able to load it on the JagSD cart and run the diag, I think.

Mitch

I wonder if setting the Jaguar SD to autoboot the SD card using this this rom would work. I'll try this when I get homer from work.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Mitch said:

I was just curious if anybody was able to test this and see if it worked on the JagGD? I was thinking about trying to make one that auto-started at the controller test but if this one doesn't work I don't want to waste my time.

Mitch

I have a JagSD, tried it before as mentioned above but can give it another go with the eprom file. Just put it in the same directory?

I am not sure what the correct procedure is for adding one manually or what the correct naming convention is for it. I guess checking the instructions would be helpful. Let me see if there is one online, unless you got one with the cartridge.

Mitch

Got it to work, I forget how I named the files, will check at work tomorrow. It cycled through a few single colour screens, ran a cybermorph demo then seems to have stopped at the screen with 7 vertical coloured bars, is that what you would expect?

Ok just read the manual above, all works, parrot photo looks really good! What resolution is it?

Will confirm file naming tomorrow