IGNORED

Jaguar Audio/Video test software?

Judas-Prime

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Apologies for the necrobump, but has anyone here ever put this factory diag dump on a "real" cart successfully?  I am trying to make one of these test cartridges.

-I have a two chip PCB with socketed EPROM and EEPROM chips that I use for testing.

-Used jag64.exe to split jagdiag5394.j64 into U1 and U2.

-Wrote out the two EPROM chips and the 93C46 using my Minipro.

I see am getting a perpetual black screen as described earlier in the post.  I tried both of the settings EEPROM dumps in this thread.  I don't have a serial cable to see if it is doing anything else.  I also tried two different consoles.

I have made other carts using a similar procedure, the only difference is that I have never tried to program the 93C46 from a dump before, but I was able to read it back and it seems to be working.

Am I missing something?

The 93C46 is a 16-bit wide EEPROM. When read from/written to a binary file, there's no universal standard on which byte order should be used (MSB first or LSB first, aka big-endian or little-endian). So if your programming software has a setting for this (or something like "swap odd and even bytes"), try flipping it and reprogramming the chip to see if it helps.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zerosquare said:

The 93C46 is a 16-bit wide EEPROM. When read from/written to a binary file, there's no universal standard on which byte order should be used (MSB first or LSB first, aka big-endian or little-endian). So if your programming software has a setting for this (or something like "swap odd and even bytes"), try flipping it and reprogramming the chip to see if it helps.

Thank you.  This was  the correct answer.  :)

In case anyone else runs across this and is using Xgpro, once you have the EEPROM .bin file loaded into the buffer, right click -> Fill/Swap block.  Make sure 16-bits is selected under Swap Byte or Word and hit Swap.

• Like 2