IGNORED

z80rogue

nanochess

Hi all.

Just a rainy Sunday mini-project. I've ported my bootRogue game to Z80, made first the MSX version and then it was pretty easy to do the Colecovision version.

>> HOW TO PLAY <<

Move with the joystick to reveal the area where you are. Any action is done by touching the target.

Any letter is a monster, the Aardvark monster is the most easiest of the game, while the Zombie master monster is the most difficult one. Touching them will cause a battle to start, press any key to keep advancing the battle and see how your HP goes down.

The diamonds are traps that will suck your HP.

The clover symbol is food. The square with a hole in the center is armor, getting more of these means the monsters will have a hard time hitting you. The up arrow is weapon, getting more of these means the monsters will receive harder hits.

The asterisk like symbol is gold, but doesn't affect the gameplay nor is counted, but I wanted to have gold in the game ;)

Finally the Amulet of Yendor is represented by a Female sign, and it will appear only in level 26 or deeper. Once you get the amulet, the ladders will start taking you to upper levels.

The game will stop once you lose all your HP or take the last ladder to surface.

Enjoy it!

z80rogue_0003.png.41d10231d29ae6a247c6ba0ecee98730.png

z80rogue_0004.png.9033c23f901ebd1cdf1054fd378c3c97.png

roguecv.rom

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

The corruption seems to occur when your character moves to the top left position of the map when the map extends to the extreme top left of the screen.  I continued my game above and on another Level where the map extended to that position, when I entered that top left square the corruption reset and vanished.

image001.png.22d233112e249c1a877fe2b665e36202.png

Edited by Ikrananka
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...
42 minutes ago, rietveld said:

Hi.  Late to the party. Or dungeon.

Are the floor layouts randomized? Or are they always the same for each level?

Thanks 

It will generate a new pseudo-randomized floor layout each time.

It uses the title screen as a waiting point to increase the LFSR.

• Like 1