IGNORED

VectorGamer's Auctions 2019-20

VectorGamer

I'll be selling of what's left of my gaming collection little by little every week.

This weeks auctions:

Atari 2600 7800 CX40 Joysticks x2 Tested & Working

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174192468317

Atari 2600 7800 Paddle Controllers X2

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174192472131

Atari 2600 Jr. Video Game Console Tested & Working w/controllers

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174192485454

Kings Of Steel Pinball Lamp Driver Board

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174192486877

Mr. Do! Arcade PCB Universal

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174192488167

TI-99/4A SD Multicart

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174192527485

Edited by VectorGamer
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, overgrouth said:

Why are you getting rid of everything. Arent you going to miss it all?

I have a RetroPie with thousands of games loaded on it. I'm looking forward to getting the downstairs cleaned up and getting rid of stuff that doesn't get used. I won't miss it as it's going to simplify my life.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Now days alot of that stuff works well in emulation so I see your point. However good luck on paddle games unless you got a StellaDapter or several for multiplayer on that matter. Thats provided a RetroPie knows what a StellaDapter is.

I have to say though emulation can be disappointing at times because some games just never get support and as suprising at it may sound SD card cartridges at times with real hardware have their issues as well vs a real original cartridge.

I wish you the beat of luck.

• Like 1

Bump for auctions ending this weekend.

I'm debating whether I should bother listing heavy items anymore. I got ripped off a few bucks on shipping the NES console and controllers. eBay said that USPS Parcel was the only way to ship via USPS and when I got to the post office the guy told me it wasn't available and I had to pay priority shipping. Which is why I removed the Xbox 360 and games - I'm going to try selling that through Craigslist or Facebook first and see how that goes. eBay buyers always bitch about shipping prices anyway as if I set the prices for shipping or I'm packing lead weights in the boxes.

On 10/8/2019 at 11:39 AM, overgrouth said:

Now days alot of that stuff works well in emulation so I see your point. However good luck on paddle games unless you got a StellaDapter or several for multiplayer on that matter. Thats provided a RetroPie knows what a StellaDapter is.

I have to say though emulation can be disappointing at times because some games just never get support and as suprising at it may sound SD card cartridges at times with real hardware have their issues as well vs a real original cartridge.

I wish you the beat of luck.

As someone who's been playing classic games via emulation since the early 1990's I can positively definitely say the advantages like convenience and reliability and space savings outweigh the need to adapt to new controllers.

I'm perfectly alright playing Kaboom with controllers other than the original paddles. And my score may have improved with some choices. I also enjoy the shorter precise throw of keyboards and d-pads then the longer slop of some vintage sticks.

Emulation may be lacking in some areas, but it is improving and will continue to do so many years forward.

1 hour ago, Keatah said:

As someone who's been playing classic games via emulation since the early 1990's I can positively definitely say the advantages like convenience and reliability and space savings outweigh the need to adapt to new controllers.

I'm perfectly alright playing Kaboom with controllers other than the original paddles. And my score may have improved with some choices. I also enjoy the shorter precise throw of keyboards and d-pads then the longer slop of some vintage sticks.

Emulation may be lacking in some areas, but it is improving and will continue to do so many years forward.

A powerful NUC could do wonders. I think you can go up to pretty good PS1 and Wii now, but your paying $1000 for the computer and usb peripherals/adapters. Then again, I'm sure all my stuff adds up to way more. Then again, no carts - and if it can't be found or dumped as a ROM - no game.

• Like 1

Yes it can do wonders. I always recommend an i7. Or R-Pi - if you want to do it on the cheap. Most of my quality builds for buddies and family cost about $1200 without monitor.

Thing with the Nuc is they're unobtrusive and can hide just about anywhere. Most refer to them as being cute. And they're great conversation pieces too. Yessir! This little 4" cube is a full computer with full-specs..

Minimum Nuc is like i7 "bean canyon" with IRIS graphics, 16GB ram, 1TB SSD secondary, 512GB NVME SSD primary. Should come in around $700.

For people getting into classic gaming for the first time emulation seems like an unnecessary complexity and sterile way of doing things. But, the alternative is to cruise ebay and conduct daily hunts at thriftshops, goodwill, and garage sales. All of which are time consuming. And you don't always know what you're getting.

As far as emulation is concerned it's a renaissance, for without it I would not have returned to the hobby of classic gaming.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Keatah said:

Emulation has cpme a long way but show me hiw you olay Kaboom! Or breakout an Super breakout and show me that it is realsnobly playable with out a paddle. Its not no mater what.