IGNORED

Flashback 9 Gold CFW to load roms and boxart from SD

Updated .ini file for Alphabetized list.

Fixed Alphabetized errors like M.A.D., E.T., Qb etc., so they show up first in the letter category.

Fixed issues where hacked version appears before real version.

Fixed issues with Air Raid~Air Raiders, Alien~Alien Greed, Pac-Law~Pac-Man, Qbert~Qbert Arcade, MK~MKnetherrealm Journey, etc.

Put "The" in front of The A-Team, and The Last Starfighter, etc, because display name doesn't change alphabetical order. (and it looks nicer)

Fixed some things like "Revenge Apes" to "Revenge of the Apes".

Plus a few more misc. tweaks.

EDIT: Updated link with more fixes, Joust~Joust Pong, "Disney" Snow White, AVGN~AVGNKOBoxing, etc.

all-games.ini

Edited by Draxxon

Changes proposed by Draxxon applied.
This .ini file is for those who prefer games to be displayed in alphabetical order separated by:
1st games released at the time (Licensed).
2nd games Homebreaw / Hack / Prototype.
3rd XXX games.
4th games that don't work, utilities ...

Warning: This file is for the package that is available at the bottom of page 4.

all-games.ini

Edited by mamebr
  • Thanks 1

800 rom folder pack (Alphabetized: No Sub-Categories)

Implemented MameBR's additions/fixes and .ini file. (Thanks for all the hard work and solid titles/art)

Fixed alphabetical errors in game list. 

Fixed small typos in display names.

Changed display names to match the box art.
Added Hacks, Homebrews and Sears TeleGames.

rom_v6.rar

• Thanks 1

This will reach 6000 games. Additions to games that already exist with their real name and not even own boxart, creations using Atari boxart for games that were never Atari. I find time lost and very ugly.

I understand creating boxart for official games that don't have real art available, for pirate games I can't understand.

Thanks for all of Draxxon's work, but this version changes what I had published, several boxes have been changed to look like games distributed by Atari and are not.
Example: Time Pilot is from Activision, had its original (ugly) label and is now in the silver box looking like a game distributed by Atari. And others went the same way.
They are different packages.

Edited by mamebr

Yeah be careful of your box sources.  There are sets out there where people used the silver box as a template not knowing it is not true to the original box style.  They did this just so they could have cleaner box arts.  I do not know if they realized the error the were making regarding accuracy.

• Like 1

Thats fine, you can curate your own custom list. I personally owned some of the telegames titles so I enjoy having them represented here. 

This is all a WIP, anything can be changed. I personally don't need the over complicated sorting of the titles. Also English and Foreign language together for game descriptions is not good. I will deff change that in the future using instruction manuals and not wikipedia. Not sure we need (Hack) or (Homebrew) after every titles display name. As this can be shown in the "note=" of the description. It causes most of the title names to scroll for no reason. Game rating? why? why add more info to fill in when the implemented games still need the normal info added? Its more work for no reason.

Also I play about 4 or 5 of these games, the box art is more interesting than the game itself 90% of the time.

While I totally see where MameBR is coming from. I don't see it as a big of a deal. I had box art available for the telegames, so I added them. As for the silver atari boxes, I always swap official box art in when i come across it. I personally have no problem making custom box art for games that have none, or homebrew games that have shitty official box art. (Like MK: Netherrealm Journey). Also we are at 800 titles. basically anything that gets added now is going to be a clone or a hack/homebrew.

Biggest thing here is I properly alphabetized the titles. Remove whatever you don't want. swap box art if you feel the need.

Edited by Draxxon

Yeah, I think your triple post said enough.

Dude, I'm building my own list, and sharing it. I've spent a lot of hours on it. You've used stuff I've made, no big deal. You're clearly more knowledgeable of Atari games. I'm learning as I go. You know what art I have new to add because you sent it to me. I am adding the box art that i have to the menu. Of course its not all accurate, you know it. Again, you sent it to me. In the past I have added a lot of unofficial art that got swapped out once i found real box art. There are so many variations of box art its disgusting. Again, this is my personal game list for me. I dont mind if its not true to the company for now, its a wip. I'm just processing all the scans i have available. I feel this is all internet strategy to dog me so you have the "superior list". I mean, what do you care what i add to my list? Until this point you have stripped out everything you've wanted and added to your own? I find it funny that you say i undid what you did, when all i did was add the stuff you processed into my list. I didnt change box art to atari boxes, i made custom box art using the atari box as a simple template, and you simply removed the "Atari 2600" from it. I didnt "change what you published", you changed what I published. and its still unchanged in my version, thats all. Im still running my pack with my art. I just added titles from yours to mine.

I'm not sure you have any clue how many shitty scans I've touched up. Also, when i resize photos i crop them accordingly, i don't scrunch them by forcing horizontal resize. I boost color saturation on dull scans. A lot of the work I do I'm sure most of you don't notice.

BTW, Wing War is a custom box art I created. Original Pal game has official ugly pink box art. Feel free to change it back, and remove any art I've made from your future releases please.

Edited by Draxxon

Yeah, I'm not done.

For The Last Starfighter you used a 5200 box and didn't even change the title bar from blue to red. Was Time Pilot the "UGLY", as you say, box art that was all text and barcode that looked like the back of a box? I remember not using that one because of that. Hearing that its Activision I feel differently now. But, are we talking one box art of 800+ here? how is this any different than Wing War? Because its the silver atari box? Newsflash, i dont know all the publishers for every single title, and I'm not the first person to use generic silver Atari box for thumbnails. in a lot of cases it just looks better and is easier for now. I plan to swap ALL the fake Atari silver box art i can, with few exceptions. And speaking of looking better. If a game "looks bad" because it is in a silver atari box and wasn't published by atari, removing "atari 2600" from the text of the box looks worse. it makes the art stand out like a sore thumb when scrolling titles and I don't like the look of it. Its better to leave it, or remove entire silver boarder like you did for Halo 2600.

Like I said before, I'm in this for the long haul. I plan on doing a lot of stuff down the line. like rework all of a companies boxes so when you scroll through just the unique parts change and the rest of the box stays aligned, like with the Imagic titles for instance. I plan on making all the maroon atari 2600 box arts share the same shade of maroon as each other. I thought about sharing the UI edits ive made to the emulator/res/images files, along with both version of the atari flashbacks bezels. I thought about making a separate folder with the alternate box arts available so a person can easily run whatever version they want. supplying a lite .ini (core titles) and a heavy .ini "6000 games!! lolol) So many things. right now, i'm just roughing it out and adding easily available thumbnails. 

We are getting closer to 1000 titles, and there are always going to be issues and stuff that needs changed, or personal preferences that are different for the art and UI. I've said I'm not knowledgeable about all the atari releases before. Why not just help me instead of hijacking me and "Publishing" your own list that's based off mine? And for the record, I'm not "publishing" anything. I'm just sharing my stuff.

Edited by Draxxon

WTF are you talking about man? Because I don't want a bilingual .ini file? I love all people and cultures. Your ini setup is already convoluted enough. I feel like its generic info added for the sake of just being added, and people are only going to be able to read half of the total ini file, either way. When this "project" started in this thread, only official info from instruction manuals was added. Adding unreadable unoffical info is "time lost and ugly". I think its sucks that you can go out of your way to critique few box art differences between us as internet strategy to promote your "rompack" lol, but I can't now critique your stuff without being told its "Big Bullshit" and I'm "Racist".

All I did was Alphabetize your list and add what i had processed prior. Having a category called "Alphabetical" thats broken into 3 parts that you cant add folder structure to on the users end is big bullshit. I'm not trying to scroll thru protos, hacks, homebrews, XXX and whatever else shit to get to the Zs. Guess what? They are all games and no one cares. having a note in the description telling you what it is once you click on it is enough, it doesnt need to be in the display title scrolling along obscuring the title, in the description, ini file entry, and have its own category to boot. its too much. why would XXX titles be in its own section? what little kids are playing this that wouldnt just scroll over to them? or are they there for easy access for you? i dont get it. and just remove unworking shit man, like put ";" in front of all the ini file entries and remove the "[]" from the display name. Like i said, i havent gotten to game testing yet.

I feel this is more internet strategy on your part. I'm in no way racist.
just for that, I'll add foreign clones to my list. I have box art. I was still undecided. You decided for me.

P.S. Weren't you the dude who added all the XXX games first rip? I mean, if i was gonna say some shit to you, it would be about that. you custards revenge ass weirdo.

Edited by Draxxon

Bro, I'm an artist. All we do is critique. That's no thing.

That's how you get better, hommie. If I didn't like you on some level, I wouldn't be sharing my feedback or ideas with you.

Its just transparent internet strategy on your part, I've seen this crap a million times. Also, I'm way better at it.

Edited by Draxxon

15 minutes ago, Greg2600 said:

Now, now, there's no need for a shouting match.  I don't see how you can both be editing the same INI, that's just going to be unwieldy and impossible to keep track of. If MameBR has his own wants, he'll have to make his own I guess. 

I already did mine, you did not see. The only purpose was the exchange of ideas. Just as he changed my .Ini and I didn't have a nervous breakdown, hoping we could talk about changes, I was wrong.

9 minutes ago, Draxxon said:

Bro, I'm an artist. All we do is critique. That's no thing.

That's how you get better, hommie. If I didn't like you on some level, I wouldn't be sharing my feedback or ideas with you.

Its just transparent internet strategy on your part, I've seen this crap a million times. Also, I'm way better at it.

I don't even speak English, I'm 48 years old, what a fucking internet strategy. Stop being paranoid.

Fella's please... just stumbled onto this thread and am amazed at what's been done here. All of your time and contributions are extremely appreciated. And THANK YOU Brad! Wow, you've greatly expanded the usefulness and have unlocked the potential of the FB9 - mind is truly blown. I buy you all a virtual beer!  ?

Now if only AtGames would make a joystick as good as their original offerings, but with the menu buttons, etc. We'd all be in fat city!   ?

• Thanks 1

1. Supplied me a better box art set, then cried foul when I implemented some. (Set Up???)

2. Hasn't tried to contact me once thru PM, but instead calls me racist and shit here.

3. I switched to his ini file, because there were several problems with my own, which he helped me with prior in PM. I told him here i was going to use it (ini file).

Also he "published" his ini file here, and knew I was working on Alphabetizing it. I was doing it for my own set. and shared it.

(It would be much faster and easier than digging thru 800 roms. Advanced renamer was the main culprit, with a batch of roms named XXX.a26.a26. I could have          sorted it myself, but again, he knew i was going to implement his.)

4. I was always very friendly and supportive of him until he pulled this shit. I was being generous earlier, there were MANY display name errors and alphabetical errors.

(It took many passes to catch and fix a lot of it, a whole afternoon, there are still two i missed, Radar/Radar Lock, and Venture/Venture II and other ini file display        errors.)

5. He currently has a lot of art I worked on, and I really don't care, its not my "art", and its on the internet. really its whatever to me. A lot of the base i used was            everything you guys already used here in the google drive. maybe MAMEbr forgets that, because he didn't implement it all. 

We have been stripping content out of each others packs this whole time. only now he feels ownership over his contributions. I don't feel that way about my                  contributions. Mine are just some packs you can use, edit, borrow from, add to, whatever.. But trust me when i tell you its been weeks now i've been touching up all      of these box arts. Adjusting levels, centering, rotating, you name it.

I have simply collected everthing here in this thread, and add to it. its to a point where there is a fork in the road. "6000" games or "757" games.

He knows that one set can run both versions. this shit is dumb. period.

Edited by Draxxon

that pesky triple posting google translator is a bitch.

I guess you know that we are out of box art and whats left available, (clones, imports, hacks, homebrews; general filler.).

Your at the point where your done building your base and are gonna fine tweak it. thats cool. Im not.

What I don't get is? why bash me when i was praising you? makes no sense. You could have presented your project

however you wanted to. You didn't need to try this. It's a great pack. With a fair amount of hard work, some by me, and everyone else here.

Edited by Draxxon