IGNORED

Flashback 9 Gold CFW to load roms and boxart from SD

Touched up quite a few box arts. (Adjusted levels in the "washed out" tumbnails. Centered a few "off center" box arts.)

Changed all the arcade flyers to have the correct name for the "Arcade" hacks.
Added a couple hacks/homebrews. (Around 875 games total now.)

ATARIv0.8.2.rar

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 2

Really nice Draxxon!! I see Donkey Kong Arcade made it and Berzerk Voice Enhanced too.   :love:

Caught a few more box issues:

Galaga shown as an Atari 7800 box... that game is really just a hack or pirate of River Raid from Taiwan I believe. Not sure what kind of box it had originally (if at all), but if you want some ideas of what to throw on there maybe, do a Google search for "Zellers Atari 2600" for some cheesy Taiwanese bootleg gaming art. lol

post-7074-1145909999.thumb.jpg.b6d6acc6f64a3b982c2eb5587c93bfbd.jpg

Same with Cosmic Avenger... that's a hack of Starmaster I think, but it shows a ColecoVision box and doesn't play anything like the game it's named after. Pretty sure that's a Taiwan rip-off as well. 

RealSports Football missing part of its title.

California Games has a border around it. Supposed to look like this

Commando is shown as an Atari red box, but the original was done by Activision and looks like this

Jr. Pac-Man shown as silver, but the original looks like this

Ms. Pac-Man original box:

mspac.thumb.jpg.f1cf4c79ed5c2489512db0f5316dbe51.jpg

...and I see Star Castle Arcade was added to the .ini file, but no rom or artwork. I copied the rom over to my SD card and the game does work at least. Tried my hand at editing box art too and think it looks okay, but not as nice as your work. Image was taken from the label, but better than nothing for now.  :)

StarCastleArcade_a26.png.9c8f9659e073a9d6703f375c5efac019.png

StarCastleArcade_a26.s.png.a639442656182a466b08f97b8ff9ccaa.png

Added all the changes Save2600 suggested.

Used the 1st RSFootball image, I thought it looked better. I realize you showed me the bottom one, just let me know.

Continued to touch up various low quality box arts.

Created a couple Taiwan Cooper style boxes with Zellers art for "Galaga" and "Cosmic Avenger" hacks. (Let me know what you think.)

Updated Ms. Pac-Man Black artwork to an arcade flyer, instead of 5200 box art.

v0.8.3+StarCastleFix.rar

• Like 1

Wow!  Y'all have put in a lot of work to put this package together.  Serious Example of open collaboration.

I am filtering the list of ROMs and in the all_games.ini file. to make it a bit more family friendly.  

Does anyone know the complete inventory enough to detect if I missed any titles that should be considered R-Rated or Mature?

Here's what I have pulled out so far...

[Burning Desire]

[Bachelor Party]

[Bachelorette Party]

[Beat 'Em & Eat 'Em]

[Cathouse Blues]

[Custer's Revenge]

[Entity]

[General Re-Treat]

[Gigolo]

[Halloween]

[Harem]

[Jungle Fever]

[Knight on the Town]

[Lady in Wading]

[Philly Flasher]

[Pick Up]

[Porky's]

[The Texas Chainsaw Massacre]

[Westward Ho]

[X-Man]

• Like 2

On 1/7/2020 at 7:45 PM, Draxxon said:

Used the 1st RSFootball image, I thought it looked better. I realize you showed me the bottom one, just let me know.

The original had the smaller RealSports lettering to the right of Football, but in this case, the one you chose is probably easier to read.  :)

27 minutes ago, Stronguard said:

Wow!  Y'all have put in a lot of work to put this package together.  Serious Example of open collaboration.

I am filtering the list of ROMs and in the all_games.ini file. to make it a bit more family friendly.  

Does anyone know the complete inventory enough to detect if I missed any titles that should be considered R-Rated or Mature?

Here's what I have pulled out so far...

[Burning Desire]

[Bachelor Party]

[Bachelorette Party]

[Beat 'Em & Eat 'Em]

[Cathouse Blues]

[Custer's Revenge]

[Entity]

[General Re-Treat]

[Gigolo]

[Halloween]

[Harem]

[Jungle Fever]

[Knight on the Town]

[Lady in Wading]

[Philly Flasher]

[Pick Up]

[Porky's]

[The Texas Chainsaw Massacre]

[Westward Ho]

[X-Man]

Only missing: 21 Blue

Edited by mamebr

Just as a test I flashed the AFB9CFW onto a Legends Flashback 2019. I used the mount and startup files and the rom pack and got it mostly working. There were quite a few hiccups in the menu to where this isn't an ideal way to do it, but it worked and the 6 button pads worked. I wish I had paddles so I could have tested those on the unit. I was also able to easily flash the unit back to normal afterwards.

I also flashed it onto an atari flashback X, but it wouldn't read the rom folder and files from the usb drive. I was however able to flash the AFBX back with just the update img. OTG support remained even after i flashed to CFW and back.

Edited by Draxxon

• 4 weeks later...

Wow. I can't thank all of you enough for the work you've put into this.  Just got my FB9 and almost done getting it just right.  Anyone have any other bezels to share?  I've been working on some.  I found these with a Google search.  Got them to work, but there is a white border around the game (I did resize them).  I think they were made for RetroArch or LaunchBox. 

bezel01.png

bezel02.png

bezel03.png

bezel04.png

bezel05.png

bezel_thumb01.png

bezel_thumb02.png

bezel_thumb03.png

bezel_thumb04.png

bezel_thumb05.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...