IGNORED

C64 Keystone Kapers released

STE'86

thats very strange, as the game as been reviewed by multiple indie retro review youtube sites which you can google and pretty much every one of them has praised Saul Cross's music and been singing along with it as they play.

each to his own i suppose.

4 hours ago, MARIO130XE said:

Hmmm, maybe it's my personal vote, but the music kills the game on C64. Graphics are okay, but hell..... the music isnt 80's an sounds wrong like hell. Even the VCS Version looks and absolutely sounds better....

I agree, on the 2600, the beat of the cop running along with the sound effects of jumping and picking up items is as good as any music. The same with a pause in the sound... like bending over, waiting for an elevator or going up an escalator... adds a bit of tension.

• Like 1

Regarding the music, Wrong <> Bad. But sometimes you can on purpose use different music than what people would expect. Fred Gray pointed out that the character in Mermaid Madness is fat (and thus supposed to be clumsy to move), so thus he used ballet music the The Nutcracker and Swan Lake to contrast that.

I don't see a problem with the music and don't think that modern releases whether new concepts or ports of 35 year old games should try to be "period correct".

The game was created within the spirit of those old cop/bandit chase movies of the Charlie Chaplin era and the music is fitting.

Of course like just about any game the option to turn it off is desirable.

• Like 2