IGNORED

Metal Blast 2277 - New game for Sega Genesis (WIP - 99%)

Тимур Лязгиев

No the OSSC stands fro Open Source Scan Converter. It is a line doubler that allows me to use my HDretrovision cables providing component video output into the OSSC and give me an HDMI video output with little to no lag. And now that you mention this...yes I guess it is only on scenes with parallax that this is happening with since the title card screens before each stage starts also has the same graphic anomaly. Again I will try and capture video of this. 

Forgot to mention, my main Genesis is a model 1 VA2. Although it does have quite a few mods in it such as region switch, VDP subcarrier color trace removed (To remove the jailbars in RGB), S-video out and FirebrandX's Audio amp bypass plus double mega YM2612/YM3438 combo board installed in it. But this is the first I've seen anything like this from a game on this Genesis before. My genesis is also attached to a model 2 SegaCD and has the 32x inserted as well in pass through mode in this case.

I received the game recently and could test it up to lovel 3. Really great!

For issue with display, I haven't seen any yet I'm running it on an original Megadrive 1 (French model no less heh).

The boot screen sometime come strange but I suppose it's because the game start in 60 htz before it checks the system speed so what I see is the screen losing sync when it goes to 50 htz.

• Like 1

Here is a quick video to show you what the game is doing through my setup. Again, the OSSC detects a change in the video signal when the actual stage screen and game play screen comes up. I didn't edit this so the audio may be too loud, be warned of that and my new 4k camera really creates a bad checkerboard like pattern when I video my LCD and doesn't look like that in reality, but you can still see the odd noise lines or digital noise actually given how clean it is that is coming off the sprites and graphics.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I should have replied back to this. So I was able to more of less get this corrected. I updated the firmware of the OSSC to .85 (Which created new issues but sigh...). And along with some other tweaks to the Genesis 320 profile, I was able to get it looking pretty clean and sharp. But the trick was I had to reduce down to 3x mode and then have to use the Zoom option on my TV to fill the screen at that point. So something about this game when using 5x just doesn't sit well with my TV. I play all my other Genesis games at the 5x setting so still not sure why this game does this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2020 at 5:55 PM, KevinMos3 said:

I just now spotted this thread. Will more be available?

Buy on cartridges or ROM?

Cartridges are available on eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/224013066021

$29.00/ea. If 4 or more for $23.20/ea
Shipping to worldwide: $12.00

ROM will be released free of charge after 100 copies.

I am now preparing to release 3 games on the cartridge. Will be released in a month or two.

Edited by Тимур Лязгиев

43 minutes ago, Тимур Лязгиев said:

...Cartridges are available on eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/224013066021

I am now preparing to release 3 games on the cartridge. Will be released in a month or two.

Thanks for the link.  I bought the cartridge.  Hopefully it doesn't take too long to arrive.  I found it kind of funny how you described it as "Hard box (made in China, Low quality), Cartridge (made in Russian Federation, High quality)".

Any screenshots, videos, or demos of your upcoming games?  I'll try to keep a lookout for them too.

12 hours ago, KevinMos3 said:

I found it kind of funny how you described it as "Hard box (made in China, Low quality), Cartridge (made in Russian Federation, High quality)".

Watch this video (Russian language), cartridge inspection:

12 hours ago, KevinMos3 said:

Any screenshots, videos, or demos of your upcoming games?  I'll try to keep a lookout for them too.

Mega Casanova, visual novel

Red cart, first print, ROM.

manuals photo:

0490443.jpg

Racer, puzzler

Third print, ROM

manuals photo:

8134378.jpg

Smiley and Smiley, card game, puzzler

first print.

manuals photo:

4367639.jpg