IGNORED

GPL Assembler 79.150 (8-25-82)

Regulus

That is the cassette routine from GROM 0 of the console. There is a lot more to those. I scanned all of the data from GROM 0 in using a set of docs I received from Doug Warren last year, but as he noted, there were several missing pages in the set he had, so we might be lucky and find out the ones you have contain one or more of those missing pages. That said, your set may go beyond the routines in GROM 0 and into the rest of the BASIC interpreter in GROMs 1 and 2. We do not have original TI vommented source code for those. The pieces we do have are attached here.

console source.zip

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Ksarul said:

That is the cassette routine from GROM 0 of the console. There is a lot more to those. I scanned all of the data from GROM 0 in using a set of docs I received from Doug Warren last year, but as he noted, there were several missing pages in the set he had, so we might be lucky and find out the ones you have contain one or more of those missing pages. That said, your set may go beyond the routines in GROM 0 and into the rest of the BASIC interpreter in GROMs 1 and 2. We do not have original TI vommented source code for those. The pieces we do have are attached here.

console source.zip 9.18 MB · 14 downloads

Yes!  We do have several missing pages!  We are very interested in what you have.  I will go back and locate which pages are missing and post them.  It would be great if you had them. I'll be back........

Just now, FALCOR4 said:

Yes!  We do have several missing pages!  We are very interested in what you have.  I will go back and locate which pages are missing and post them.  It would be great if you had them. I'll be back........

Here's what is missing:

GROM0 is missing >0C46 - >0C6A

GROM0 is missing the keyboard/joystick tables at the end of the GROM

GROM2 is missing the first page of equates

GROM2 is missing two pages >5156 - 51A2

I would like to get all of these if you have them.  Thx!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ksarul said:

console source.zip 9.18 MB · 14 downloads

On Cassette, pages are identical.  On the Monitor, I have page 33. which is missing from the pdf file. Page 33 is the Word Document

I have the same 6 GROMs.

Monitor - Page_033.jpg

Edited by Regulus
  • Like 5

• 5 months later...

Thank you very much for hunting through what you had to locate the missing pages of the console GROM source code. This makes analysis of what TI was up to so much easier. . .

Most programmers used the disassembled copy that Heiner Martin used in his book, TI Intern until @FALCOR4 provided what he had to the community a couple of years ago. Heiner's disassembly was good, but his comments could only include what he was able to deduce from that disassembly.

How did you manage to obtain your copy of the source code? It wasn't widely available within the community BITD, and as you saw from what we had already, it wasn't always complete. I am really glad you found the copy you have though.

If you happen to have any additional TI source code, that too would be useful. We've been gathering every bit of source from TI and third party developers we could find to share it with the community.

Once again, many thanks for preserving this.

• Like 5

On 3/2/2020 at 7:25 AM, Ksarul said:

How did you manage to obtain your copy of the source code?

About 30 years ago, I purchase a TI Pascal Card from the classified ad. For the same price of the Pascal card, I got several TI-99/4A computers, PEB, cartridges, disks, EEProm and books. 

On 3/2/2020 at 7:25 AM, Ksarul said:

If you happen to have any additional TI source code, that too would be useful.

99/4 Assembler
99/4A Plotting Utility Ver. 2.0   4/83

Plot Assembler Source File

01.jpg

1983, Plot Assembler Source.zip

Edited by Regulus
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Regulus said:

About 30 years ago, I purchase a TI Pascal Card from the classified ad. For the same price of the Pascal card, I got several TI-99/4A computers, PEB, cartridges, disks, EEProm and books. 

99/4 Assembler
99/4A Plotting Utility Ver. 2.0   4/83

Plot Assembler Source File

01.jpg

1983, Plot Assembler Source.zip 55.68 MB · 11 downloads

Oh my, my!  This is code for a TI plotting routine that I still have on cassette.  Thank you so much for sharing this.  I've never seen the source code before, quite a find.

• Like 6