IGNORED

I need the help you can give...

José Pereira

José,

It's good that you had the courage to ask.

Money sent with Paypal. No need of proof, just let us know from time to time how you are doing.
I'm not able to work much myself anymore, but I was lucky because I had public and private insurance that came through in the end.
Hang in there!

• Like 3

Hi.

I have to send you all a thank you so bigger so bigger for all you're doing for me on the last hours.

Indeed your help was/is so good that things seem to come into a so happy end that in a day or two we, indeed you, should end and after that I must continue my life beeeing the same guy as always.

i'll post you soon this.

Now and because someone contacted me I want, without saying who he's him, his propsal and mail per mail my answer so that you can see my point and I hope that he doesn't be angry I did this:

-< His 1st mail:

Hello Jose! Would you mind if I put up a number of Atari items for sale on the Atari Age forums and have the buyers send funds to you? This is not a hardship, as all of the items I have are duplicates and just gathering dust in storage. Can you accept funds in USD$ or must it be in Euros?

Take care,

-> My answer:

Thanks for your attention but lets wait more one or two days because I can say you that people contribution is/was so good that at least for the rent and the more stuff like gas bottle, transportation card and some food/things for the house that isn't much is almost there so I have to thanks people for all their attention.

My teeth problem would start to be resolved, I hope, later at around March when I have a medical public consult.
I don't want you to continue after my real and current problem. After this I have to continue my life honestly like always and day after day trying to get the best.
In a case something came up wrong again we'll talk ok?
Thank you very much my friend but don't waste your things because you may need them though I, of course, hope not need them. As you/others can see we never know how's our life tomorrow...
Best regards.

-> His next mail:

Ok, but I am happy to do this for you! Let me know what happens. Selling this for you is not a "waste" at all! I am sorry to hear that life in Lisbon has become so expensive -- it's one of my favourite cities, and I just loved my visits to Portugal years ago.

Take care,

-> And a last (untill now) answer from me:

Thanks for your attention but lets wait more one or two days because I can say you that people contribution is/was so good that at least for the rent and the more stuff like gas bottle, transportation card and some food/things for the house that isn't much is almost there so I have to thanks people for all their attention.

My teeth problem would start to be resolved, I hope, later at around March when I have a medical public consult.
I don't want you to continue after my real and current problem. After this I have to continue my life honestly like always and day after day trying to get the best.
In a case something came up wrong again we'll talk ok?
Thank you very much my friend but don't waste your things because you may need them though I, of course, hope not need them. As you/others can see we never know how's our life tomorrow...
Best regards.
José

If is just some small stuff and only some bucks ok and I take care of it on the bank for a time when something may went wrong but I think better we don't go to this. And I also don't know if continuing this more when I'm going soon to post and thank people for all the help, like I said, if things continue like now in a day or two all has ended.
Why not you contact administrators and like now me they perhaps can create something on the website to people offer stuff to sell and that someone(s) needing will contact them (private or showing/saying to the community they're troubles and needs...)?
I never had a Paypal account and only opened it because of this but I think they receive and convert $ to €, right?
?

I think this is the right decision.

?

Edited by José Pereira
  • Like 6

Just read your post Jose,

Wow that is a tough read, we were homeless for a short period when we left Northern Ireland and it was very hard on the streets but our was sorted quite quickly (a week), yours sounded like utter hell.

I truly appreciate when life treats you badly so I have sent you a little bit, its not much but I don't work because of illness, I hope it helps...

Don't give up, you have been through the ringer so now accept a little help from friends..

• Like 9

I don't think there's anything wrong - for asking for some help, when you're in a very dire situation, that you can't help yourself out of.

You don't have to respond, if you don't want to.

We wish you all the best - and hope that life gets to be easier for you.  That you usually have to go through a very difficult period - before it gets better...

Without various social systems in place - there would be far more people living out on the streets - and more people living in utter misery.

Harvey

I love this thread and can only bow before the folks in here, you have helped people down in the dumps like Jose, myself and many others time after time, its just so great to see a real community spirit look after its own. I can only but feel so bad for Jose, his story is just appallingly sad but you guys with a little bit from me have made his life so much easier as you did for my daughter a few years back.

Thank you again and a round of applause for the way you have helped Jose....Group hug...oy, who has grabbed my bum!!!

• Like 5

Look... at some point in life most of us have some issues. Now never nearly 99,9% of you guys in person you are still with me since whooping nearly 20 years? Jez....

So I read in a celeb mag today... it takes years to built up reputation and trust and that can be gone in minutes doing something wrong...

what I wanted to say is that we “hang” out here for ages together knowing some bits of us. We are all spread over the globe (yes... borders sux) and share same passion. 

So I helped ppl here. I am not doing that a lot in my live. But you know. Maybe turning few years into 50 you start to realised that personal fight egocentric shit (looking at US et al at the moment) leads to anger... (well Yoda taught me and Picard).

having children etc I know it at least can feel the shit ppl go through at some point in live.

now look. Sometimes I feel ashamed... me spending some EUR on beer, going out or Netflix or Amazon video rental movie... now José struggles... so why the hell can I look a movie for few euros? No I can’t so I send some money over... drinking some less beer next months but in the end. Better for José.

and you know what? Jose never fucked me up... maybe another reason to help ;);)

• Like 4

Lovely sentiment Heaven but you should never feel bad about having something another person may not, you work hard, you get the spoils. My in laws are Muslim and part of that faith tells them to give to others less fortunate than you. Its a thing that many religions and groups do as a matter of fact and that is great. As long as we aspire to help others then you enjoy your beer, movie or whatever knowing you helped and lets remember that this should be a standard thought from every one out there, give a little to help others and if we all do it in proportion then A LOT of people can be helped.

I used to be a big believer in work hard, play hard, in me and my wife's case that meant going on holiday somewhere nice, a bit of luxury etc.... We were never party people, we donated to certain charities but we worked long hours, had a glass of wine at XMas etc and just enjoyed a break from here. Later on and things like jobs and houses went, no big deal, no crying over spilt milk and the days of grandeur were left behind.

I never believed we were ignoring the poor, we paid a LOT of tax and we gave some but we worked hard and if you do that I feel you should never feel bad for having a better life as long as you remember others. Now its the other way around for us but life does indeed go on and we do what we can, all the big treats are gone but we have each other and a lovely daughter and unlike Jose, not having to endure the cruel life he has so like others we help as we can and hope he can get out of this hell hole, get his teeth sorted so jobs are a real prospect and get himself back on the ladder.

But I'll still have a glass of wine from time to time...There's a religious phrase, "There but for the grace of God go I" or near enough and although I'm not religious it a very important phrase, if you like you can replace grace of God with luck but its still very true. We need to remember that and remember others because it could be us next time.  Best group in town..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 4

Even while having a good job (not very well paid, but safe) life also fucked me a few years ago and I found myself in a similar situation. Thanks to some friends who just helped me without asking questions, I could solve the situation and do much better now.

José, there is no need to be ashamed about asking for help. You´ve asked openly and everybody can decide on his own, if he helps or not. Only those who talk, can be heard!

I wish you good luck with the situation and hope that you´ll get enough money, to pay for a room and food. Just never give up! Those who do not fight, have already lost.

• Like 7

On 10/2/2019 at 11:57 AM, José Pereira said:

I never had a Paypal account and only opened it because of this but I think they receive and convert $ to €, right?

Jose, that is usually performed by PayPal on the sender. There is a small fee from PayPal, plus the exchange rate from the GBP/USD/etc to the Euro.

If you change you mind, I have some duplicate 400/800 carts within an arms' reach of me that I'd gladly sell and have the funds forwarded to you. I have a few people that owe me some not insignificant amounts of money from previous business dealings and when/if I collect on it, I am Europe bound to see some relatives in the Cumbria, Northumberland, and County Durham areas of England, and a few spots in Scotland before visiting Poland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, and then head east to see the Dead Sea (my passport expired a good while back and I've never renewed. I would LOVE to catch up with some of the AtariAge guys and share a pint. And if any of you huys are ever in the Southern Appalachian region of the Southeastern United States, give me a holler and I will feed you one of the gigantic American entrees  :)

It makes me smile at the response from this small section of AtariAge :)

• Like 3

Hi Jose - 20 Australian dollars headed your way.

Thanks to the crappy exchange rate we endure at the moment it barely converts to about 11.5 Euro.

As mentioned before, consider it a donation-ware payment for some of your previous work on our beloved Atari 8-bitter.

• Like 3

Hi to you all and there's no thanks to what you did.

I already have almost all to pay for the rent,... though PayPal started to say that the transfer was beeing inspected and then will post me. That's maybe their way to reserve funds for some days. 

But is ok as at least one day next week I have money on my account.

I think this should stop now and I never thought I have so much friends.

Thanks you guys.

?

• Like 3

De: Apoio ao Cliente PayPal
 Marcar como não lida Imprimir Eliminar
A sua pergunta sobre pagamentos pendentes ou retidos
04/10/19 às 13:17

Caro(a) José Pereira,

Agradecemos o seu contacto sobre o estado do seu pagamento. Como cliente estimado, queremos ajudá-lo a tirar o máximo partido da sua conta PayPal. Preferimos que não tenha de esperar por uma resposta, pelo que lhe enviamos esta mensagem automática.

Pagamentos pendentes e retidos

Há alguns motivos para que os fundos possam estar temporariamente indisponíveis:

1. É um novo vendedor no PayPal ou um vendedor estabelecido, mas abriu uma nova conta.
Quando se é um vendedor novo no PayPal, demora algum tempo para criar um histórico suficiente que demonstre um padrão de transações positivas entre comprador e vendedor. A boa notícia é que, normalmente, pode sair deste estado ao confirmar a sua identidade e acumular um histórico de atividades de vendas positivas. Se é um vendedor estabelecido do PayPal, mas abriu uma nova conta, essa conta será elegível para retenções até que se estabeleça um bom histórico.

2. Há algum tempo que não faz vendas.
Quando a sua atividade de vendas permanece inativa por um longo período de tempo, também demora a consolidar um histórico de transações positivas entre comprador e vendedor.

3. Vários clientes solicitaram um reembolso, disputa ou chargeback.
Se vários clientes apresentarem pedidos de reembolso, disputa ou chargeback, ou se receber um grande número de reembolsos, disputas ou chargebacks num curto espaço de tempo, pode atrasar a disponibilidade dos seus fundos. A melhor forma de resolver este problema é trabalhar diretamente com os clientes para evitar ou resolver disputas e chargebacks.

Pode acontecer que o seu cliente tenha apresentado um pedido de reembolso, disputa ou chargeback por utilização fraudulenta da respetiva conta PayPal para fazer compras. Nesse caso, pedimos-lhe que retenha o envio de quaisquer artigos.

4. O seu padrão de venda parece fora do normal ou foi alterado.
Atividades de vendas fora do normal incluem: um aumento nas vendas ou uma alteração no preço médio de venda, plataforma da empresa ou tipo de artigo a ser vendido.

5. Está a vender artigos de risco superior.
Os artigos de risco superior podem incluir bilhetes, cartões-oferta, artigos eletrónicos de consumo, computadores e pacotes de viagem.

Se um comprador lhe pagar e o pagamento estiver retido ou não disponível de imediato, será notificado por e-mail ou com um alerta no seu Resumo.

Sugestão: após a sua retenção ser levantada, pode demorar até à meia-noite (mas normalmente é mais cedo) para que o dinheiro apareça na sua conta.

Se ainda não recebeu a nossa resposta à sua pergunta, responda a este e-mail e a nossa equipa entrará em contacto consigo o mais rapidamente possível. Caso contrário, se quiser falar connosco sobre dados específicos da sua conta, clique em "Contacte-nos", na parte inferior da página, e em "Ligue-nos".

Atentamente,
PayPal

Copyright © 1999-2019 PayPal. Todos os direitos reservados.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.
Société en Commandite par Actions
Sede social: 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg
RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

This the message I got from PayPal and here's it translated to english:

Your question about pending or withheld payments
4/19/19 at 1:17 PM

Dear José Pereira,

Thanks for reaching out about your payment status. As the customer estimates, they want to use their PayPal account's maximum limit. Preferences that don't expect a response, send this automatic message.

Pending and held payments

There are a few reasons why funds may be temporarily unavailable:

1. You are a new PayPal seller or an established seller, but have opened a new account.
When you are a new seller at PayPal, it takes some time to create a sufficient track record that demonstrates a pattern of positive buyer-seller discounts. The good news is that you can usually get out of this state and confirm your identity and a history of positive sales activity. If you are an established PayPal provider but have opened a new account, that account will be eligible for holds until a good track record is established.

2. It's been a while since you made sales.
When your sales activity remains inactive for a long period of time, it also takes time to consolidate a history of positive buyer-seller discounts.

3. Multiple customers request a refund, dispute, or chargeback.
If multiple customers file for refunds, disputes, or chargebacks, or if you receive a large number of refunds, disputes, or chargebacks in a short time, your funds may be delayed. The best way to resolve this issue is to work directly with customers to avoid or resolve disputes and chargebacks.

It may happen that your customer has submitted a refund, dispute, or chargeback request for fraudulent use of their PayPal account to make purchases. In this case, we urge you to opt out of deleted articles.

4. Your selling pattern seems unusual or has changed.
Unusual sales activities using an increase in sales or a change in the average selling price, company platform, or type of item being sold.

5. You are selling higher risk items.
Higher risk items may include tickets, gift cards, consumer electronics, computers, and travel packages.

If a pay and pay buyer is on hold or unavailable immediately, they will be notified by email or with an alert on their Summary.

Tip: Once your hold is lifted, it may take up to midnight (but usually earlier) for the money to appear in your account.

If you still do not receive our answer to your question, please reply to this email and our team will contact you as soon as possible. Otherwise, if you would like to talk about your account data, click "Contacts" at the bottom of the page and "Call us".

Carefully,
PayPal

Copyright © 1999-2019 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.
Commandite Society for Actions
Registered office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg
RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

I already tranfered some part of the money to my account 2days ago but they right after said that they have to study my case or something like that and will take around 72hours to resolve but then again I'll be waiting the normal 2,3, 5 days or what?

Any you have/had these kind of problems.

Money is there and you guys helped me so much. But can you help me in saying if this is normal?

I never had a PayPal account so I just opened it for this...

Thanks.

Edited by José Pereira
  • Like 1

PayPal just doing their job, so that's reassuring

You've just opened an account that is receiving funds from all over the world - that may well, and appears to, have rung an alarm bell their end to check.

Secondly, I would think the payments are going in as friends or family and not payments for goods and services - so they may want to check on that for two reasons, firstly that taxes aren't being avoided and secondly that they're not missing out on any fees :D 

I wouldn't worry, point them to this thread if necessary but I should think they'll be fine

• Like 6

When it is a new Paypal account, Paypal does keep the money on hold for maximum 21 days.... After you have a proven track record they will release the funds sooner. But as far as I know that is for commercial transactions (goods and services). I would expect that my donation (and probably many others who sent their donation as a gift/friends) would not be held for the 21 days.

If Paypal does not want to release the money in a few days, contact me if you want. We can make an arrangement that I transfer money to your bank account (iban, I am in Europe too) and you pay me back when Paypal has released the funds.

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fred_M said:

When it is a new Paypal account, Paypal does keep the money on hold for maximum 21 days.... After you have a proven track record they will release the funds sooner. But as far as I know that is for commercial transactions (goods and services). I would expect that my donation (and probably many others who sent their donation as a gift/friends) would not be held for the 21 days.

If Paypal does not want to release the money in a few days, contact me if you want. We can make an arrangement that I transfer money to your bank account (iban, I am in Europe too) and you pay me back when Paypal has released the funds.

yup. Same here. we can do bank transfer, too, if not getting money faster than 21 days (which is indeed for business transactions and hopefully not in your case). Just let us know.

• Like 1

I got the same when I opened a Paypal account for Rewind Games. After a few weeks (and people acknowledged that they had received their goods) the 21 days "hold" was lifted. I would not expect this to happen with personal (gift/friends) transaction.

Jose,

Sorry to hear if this - yes - we all have struggles and it's ok to ask for help! I'm a long time lurker here, and less active that I really wish I was, but I understand where you're coming from. I've sent something via your IBAN (as a SEPA), so should bypass the PayPal rules. It'll be processed by Monday and with you Tuesday.

Take Care,

Jason.

<edit> Oh and for everyone on here,  with all the challenges in the world, it keeps my faith in humanity when I see this rallying of support for someone - so thank you too </edit>

Edited by JayoK
I stopped short!
  • Like 4

Hi Jose,

i did try and email you (yahoo)

can you confirm the paypal address is "josepereira197210@yahoo.com" or does it need the www. at the start? [SENT by PAYPAL without the www. !]

I had been pondering on what to do with my abbuc prize money from last year and wanted to keep it in the Atari community so this is the answer :)

• Like 6