IGNORED

I need the help you can give...

José Pereira

posting the donation links again so we don't have to hunt them down ,

IBAN: PT50003503550000674700029 or PayPal e-mail associated: josepereira197210@yahoo.com

I well up with pride and emotion when the community comes through like this. Such good people around the entire world handling things as we should be.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 2

Hi Jose, keep your head up!

My apprication for your honesty. I guess it's not easy to write such words...
For the moment, I'm on the sunny side of life, but who knows...!? Your case remembers me, to be always thankful for what I have.

My small contribution is now on the way to your bank account.

Hopefully everything will turn in the right way in the future and you will find time and inspiration to program such cool games like X:8

Wish you all the best,

Tigerduck

Edited by Tigerduck
  • Like 3

Sorry to hear about your situation José...

I wanted to contribute a little but I don't have Paypal anymore because those clowns want control over your bank account. And I'm not sending dough to an unknown bank account.

Anybody knows if there's a way to create a virtual credit card easily? I tried revolut but you need a monthly subscription for that...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rensoup said:

but I don't have Paypal anymore because those clowns want control over your bank account.

I opened an extra bank account, specifically for PayPal, and I only have like 50 euro's on there. If PayPal gets hacked, they cannot empy my main bank account.

37 minutes ago, ivop said:

I opened an extra bank account, specifically for PayPal, and I only have like 50 euro's on there. If PayPal gets hacked, they cannot empy my main bank account.

That's a solution I suppose but then you probably get a debit card with it... I was hoping for a virtual solution... which is exactly what paypal is ?

18 minutes ago, rensoup said:

That's a solution I suppose but then you probably get a debit card with it... I was hoping for a virtual solution... which is exactly what paypal is ?

They gave me an option to not get a debit card for that 2nd account. Also saves me money, as you have to pay for such a card. Perhaps ask your bank what options they have.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ivop said:

They gave me an option to not get a debit card for that 2nd account. Also saves me money, as you have to pay for such a card. Perhaps ask your bank what options they have.

Don't want to pollute José's thread, but (some?) banks allows current accounts to go into the negative so even if you have 50 euros, you can still be defrauded and lose a lot more.

2 hours ago, rensoup said:

Anybody knows if there's a way to create a virtual credit card easily? I tried revolut but you need a monthly subscription for that...

I use neteller.com for my online credit card transactions. A paid account allows you to create multiple virtual cards. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rensoup said:

Don't want to pollute José's thread, but (some?) banks allows current accounts to go into the negative so even if you have 50 euros, you can still be defrauded and lose a lot more.

I have all my accounts set to not allow negative saldi. All transactions that would lead to <0 are rejected by my bank and then I'm notified. I used to be able to get €10,= from the ATM (not more, it's the smallest banknote in ATMs) if my ballance was only €0.01, but I haven't tested that for ages :)

But yeah, not derail José's thread too much, although it helps if others are helped to send some funds his way ;)

On a side note, I always thought José was in Brasil, not Lisboa. Could have met when my dad and I were over there last year during the Eurovision songcontest, which was a coincidence BTW. We were just on a holiday, but saw part of the finals on a big screen down by the river.

Edited by ivop
  • Like 2

Jose, would you be willing to live in North Dakota for, say,  6 months ? I could pay for your return plane ticket (LIS -> ORD), pick you up at Chicago airport and drive you home, where you could stay at the top floor of my house (there's 3 unused rooms). You thus wouldn't have to worry about accommodation or food. Obviously, I wouldn't ask any money.

Climate-wise, it's colder than Portugal, but we actually don't really get air below -40 'C, so it's not that cold either (except for the windchill, which does unfortunately, every now and then, cross into the -60 territory, but if you don't go out those days, it doesn't matter).

Change of scenery might, however, tremendously help your heart and beat the inevitable depression (which can be a very nasty bitch, from a painful personal experience) and you would get better.

And, I got the Ataris here - U1MB, Falcon, Jaguar, soon also Lynx...

• Like 13

13 hours ago, VladR said:

Jose, would you be willing to live in North Dakota for, say,  6 months ? I could pay for your return plane ticket (LIS -> ORD), pick you up at Chicago airport and drive you home, where you could stay at the top floor of my house (there's 3 unused rooms). You thus wouldn't have to worry about accommodation or food. Obviously, I wouldn't ask any money.

Climate-wise, it's colder than Portugal, but we actually don't really get air below -40 'C, so it's not that cold either (except for the windchill, which does unfortunately, every now and then, cross into the -60 territory, but if you don't go out those days, it doesn't matter).

Change of scenery might, however, tremendously help your heart and beat the inevitable depression (which can be a very nasty bitch, from a painful personal experience) and you would get better.

And, I got the Ataris here - U1MB, Falcon, Jaguar, soon also Lynx...

Thanks for your offer but perhaps that wouldn't solve things because I would lost the social public help here and when return I will then not have still a home, teeth, job and asking a renew it'll take around 2Months.

I never been out of here (Lisbon yes but not Portugal other than on old times to travel/vacations) so it'll not work beeing out if not to work like many here and all over the world did/do but thanks for your kind words.

? 

• Like 2

I also posted some minutes ago to a pal at here on the Messenger:

Thanks for you and all help. I'm returning now to a computer because like I said there at the begining I can't reply with my old phone so wasn't possible during weekend and always here at Night but only daily Monday to Friday while I have a public place.

I'm now seeing all stuff and will reply soon to all at the topic on the 8bit Forums saying what's the current situation.

So here's my to all you great thanks and saying that I have to resolve my problem though still waiting for that I have the transfer on my bank account.

indeed PayPal sent me a mail to my Yahoo saying that they were transfering money to me and that it should be ready on my bank in 1 or 2 working days so lets see if I have luck with it because I, on Saturday, received the visit from the owner of the building saying I had to go out if not instantly paying him and please give him the keys.

I tried and tried and with some tears around, the two hands joined up and asking him some more days, showing him the mail from PayPal I could get at least untill next Thurday so lets wait and hope that it'll ends for good or all your help wasn't for nothing. 

Sorry and hope that all, PayPal and my bank do the right job.

Of course that I'm still not ok and trying to not think in this but every minute, hour,... that passes makes me start thinking that at the end nothing. Hope that money comes untill then or it'll be on my account sfter and I'm on the streels leaving all stuff inside the room just because I don't have anyone to put things inside (including tv, computers, clothes,...).

Right after and if I do it giving him the keys nothing more I can do because I cannot more enter on the building, the step and room where I live and even on the next day money would come I would probably have all things out and probably they would call municipality truck to send them to a trash can.

I'll go now to the usual place to take the lunch help and will see at the bank again but because PayPal sent message on Saturday today sin't for sure and I hope those 1 or 2days be tomorrow or the best next day.

Thank you all guys.

?

Edited by José Pereira
  • Like 1

wow, VladR's offer is very kind.

when I talked about your predicament with some friends one mentioned there is a web site called fiverr.com (with 2 "r" s) where you might get some (low paid) small tasks.

I know things are difficult but try and get the teeth fixed as soon as you can, dental (bacteral) infection can damage the entire body / heart etc. Not that you don't have enought to worry about.

Another question is what sort of work have you done before / what skills do you have?

It might help when sending donations on paypal to put some comments emphasising this is a gift, not just ticking the box.

1 hour ago, therealbountybob said:

wow, VladR's offer is very kind.

when I talked about your predicament with some friends one mentioned there is a web site called fiverr.com (with 2 "r" s) where you might get some (low paid) small tasks.

I know things are difficult but try and get the teeth fixed as soon as you can, dental (bacteral) infection can damage the entire body / heart etc. Not that you don't have enought to worry about.

Another question is what sort of work have you done before / what skills do you have?

It might help when sending donations on paypal to put some comments emphasising this is a gift, not just ticking the box.

I worked for many years in supermakets stuff, started lowe and got up but then started personal life things with wife, family,... and one day maid the wrong decision and got out. teeeth wasn't already good back then and after it started the first without home with just the female dog, teeth went wrong day after day.

If it wasn't Atari and all these stuff I really don't know.

After the problems started it also started here that FMI/Troika situation, houses went hi and hi because suddenly we're invaded by tourists,...

Of course that after I could do some small tasks like helping on doing small arranjments on homes and some public courses payed.

I'm also and have to be signed at here the public employement office or I even didn't receive any goods even if small.

This is also because going out isn't really a solution so the VlarR offer will get me out of the small amount of public givings, no job, courses and what to do with my personal stuff?

1 hour ago, Tezz said:

Oh god José, I'm sorry to hear what's happening and that you're going through such a bad time. I've not been reading all the forum posts recently. I'll send you a PM.

Tezz.

I can't answer you via from heree via my old phone but you can conatct me or any here for my A8 only mail that is atarijosepereira@gmail.com and on meantime just went to the bank and money is there so pals a GREAT GREAT THANK YOU ALL because I'm going now to pay the rent so with you I'm still with a place to live (will answer here anything by tomorrow if you after this post somethinng or want to talk some more).

And don't worry as I'll now think and try do things other way and you'll ear me for good reasons like new games and ideas.

God bless you.

?

• Like 13

3 hours ago, José Pereira said:

I worked for many years in supermakets stuff, started lowe and got up but then started personal life things with wife, family,... and one day maid the wrong decision and got out. teeeth wasn't already good back then and after it started the first without home with just the female dog, teeth went wrong day after day.

If it wasn't Atari and all these stuff I really don't know.

After the problems started it also started here that FMI/Troika situation, houses went hi and hi because suddenly we're invaded by tourists,...

Of course that after I could do some small tasks like helping on doing small arranjments on homes and some public courses payed.

I'm also and have to be signed at here the public employement office or I even didn't receive any goods even if small.

This is also because going out isn't really a solution so the VlarR offer will get me out of the small amount of public givings, no job, courses and what to do with my personal stuff?

Do I read that correctly that you have to physically be present at the employment office every few weeks ? That's, like, 1990-style. I'm really sorry to hear that that's the system in Portugal :(

I was counting on the fact that you would receive the unemployment benefits to your account, so after 6 months you would have at least 2,000 EUR saved, which could provide some boost with other opportunities. But, that's not happening now...

What's the immigration situation like between Portugal and U.S. ? Can you guys stay in U.S. for 6 months ?

As for your personal stuff, couldn't one of your friends just store it inside their garage/basement in the meantime ? That shouldn't be too much to ask from them, I'd presume.

I also,just now, realized that if you were here, you could perhaps learn 3dsMax (or maybe you know how to use it?) and eventually maybe work with me on my 3D games for Jaguar and Lynx. I could give you that Catch-22 first game experience (that you can't get without first working on a published game and vice versa) that every single game studio requires and from there you could work your way up, continue working on your art portfolio  and keep submitting resumes to job/advertisement/visualisation agencies till you get lucky (but without the stress of survival).

EDIT: Just realized, we wouldn't even have to wait for me till I am done with the missing components (mostly audio) to my Jaguar stuff. I already forgot, as it's been probably over 15 years now, but I have two published games on PC.

Meaning, we could reskin them by using your 3D art assets, and just self-publish (using payment processors) it online (or try to put it up onto the shovelware of Steam), as I still have the full source code to both of them.

What do you think ?

Hypothetically, that could also work remotely (though, at much higher time/effort cost).

Edited by VladR
New idea
  • Like 4

I really liked VladR's idea to help get you saved up and some extra experience/training...

The un/employment system sounds like the 70's or 80's standing in lines to get you paperwork and applications and offers filed to collect your check...

I'm going to be happiest when the dental and arm are taken care of... dental is a serious thing, even if it's not treated as such for a major portion of the world.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

dental is a serious thing, even if it's not treated as such for a major portion of the world.

Not too long ago (seventies, eighties) that was usualy resolved by pulling all the teeth and replace them by dentures. I remember a lot of uncles and aunts withfull dentures. Luckily my parents were spared from this practice and they got dental crowns.

• Like 1

The offer of a good place to stay overseas for up to 6 months - with all expenses paid - is a very generous one.  But this may seriously affect his entitlement to his social security help for when he returns back home?  They will no doubt ask all sorts of questions - thinking in dollar terms of how could not this money involved be made use of - here in his home country?  And there may be the expense/matter of making it possible for him to travel overseas - that of a suitable passport?  And obtaining a Visa?

Government departments that provide social support services have a tendency to be very nosy these days and may deem him not eligible for continued support for when he returns.  They may not appreciate how someone's generosity overseas is genuine.  That he will need to check that being away does not work out to be to his disadvantage in the long run in terms of paperwork, etc.

Harvey