IGNORED

I need the help you can give...

José Pereira

15 hours ago, José Pereira said:

I can't answer you via from heree via my old phone but you can conatct me or any here for my A8 only mail that is atarijosepereira@gmail.com and on meantime just went to the bank and money is there so pals a GREAT GREAT THANK YOU ALL because I'm going now to pay the rent so with you I'm still with a place to live (will answer here anything by tomorrow if you after this post somethinng or want to talk some more).

And don't worry as I'll now think and try do things other way and you'll ear me for good reasons like new games and ideas.

God bless you.

?

cool. Great to hear!

12 hours ago, VladR said:

Do I read that correctly that you have to physically be present at the employment office every few weeks ? That's, like, 1990-style. I'm really sorry to hear that that's the system in Portugal :(

I was counting on the fact that you would receive the unemployment benefits to your account, so after 6 months you would have at least 2,000 EUR saved, which could provide some boost with other opportunities. But, that's not happening now...

What's the immigration situation like between Portugal and U.S. ? Can you guys stay in U.S. for 6 months ?

As for your personal stuff, couldn't one of your friends just store it inside their garage/basement in the meantime ? That shouldn't be too much to ask from them, I'd presume.

I also,just now, realized that if you were here, you could perhaps learn 3dsMax (or maybe you know how to use it?) and eventually maybe work with me on my 3D games for Jaguar and Lynx. I could give you that Catch-22 first game experience (that you can't get without first working on a published game and vice versa) that every single game studio requires and from there you could work your way up, continue working on your art portfolio  and keep submitting resumes to job/advertisement/visualisation agencies till you get lucky (but without the stress of survival).

EDIT: Just realized, we wouldn't even have to wait for me till I am done with the missing components (mostly audio) to my Jaguar stuff. I already forgot, as it's been probably over 15 years now, but I have two published games on PC.

Meaning, we could reskin them by using your 3D art assets, and just self-publish (using payment processors) it online (or try to put it up onto the shovelware of Steam), as I still have the full source code to both of them.

What do you think ?

Hypothetically, that could also work remotely (though, at much higher time/effort cost).

Similar in good old Germany... you need to be physical present for job center so you can take any opportunities and need to show up on a regular basis. If you take public money you have to play against some rules.

not sure if it would have counted as “holiday”.... being in the US. 

but maybe José can work remotely?

I can almost 100% guarantee that if Jose left the country and didn't attend on his allotted day he would have his benefit suspended and only reinstated if there was a VERY good reason to not attend. Any more than 1 miss and they would cease the benefit and he would have to reapply when he returned. When I was unemployed a long while back it was a very very unfriendly system and I doubt that's just the UK. Its hard enough to even be classed as medically unfit for work here, you get called in or they visit you to do an assessment and often put genuine people back on the work list when they are virtually fully disabled, I have my review in 2 weeks and its hell.

As Jose is classed as a job seeker he has to spend or appear to spend a working week looking for jobs, sadly its a very abused system all over the world (well places that offer benefits).

Hi guys !
I've just now read all messages from last couple days and must say you guys are awesome :)

Jose sent me this email couple hours ago:

"No internet here on the public institute acess. Please post on the
topic that all money received, things payed and a big ok to all.
Thanks."

So once more, you guys rock. Gonna push the latest game project that we've been doing with Jose as main gfx artist, and try to repay you all at least a small part of huge help you provided to him by creating a new game for our dear Atari ...

Thank you all !
Vladimir

• Like 12

On 10/6/2019 at 4:08 PM, rensoup said:

Anybody knows if there's a way to create a virtual credit card easily? I tried revolut but you need a monthly subscription for that...

Have you seen Payoneer ?

Virtual cards, even sending real cards for free by post so you can use them in "traditional places".

ps. Putting money into them can only be done by creating a payment request from Payoneer if I'm not mistaken. It's used mostly for remote work payments.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, popmilo said:

Hi guys !
I've just now read all messages from last couple days and must say you guys are awesome :)

Jose sent me this email couple hours ago:

"No internet here on the public institute acess. Please post on the
topic that all money received, things payed and a big ok to all.
Thanks."

So once more, you guys rock. Gonna push the latest game project that we've been doing with Jose as main gfx artist, and try to repay you all at least a small part of huge help you provided to him by creating a new game for our dear Atari ...

Thank you all !
Vladimir

Thanks for the update!  Feels good to help other people out when able.  Also makes me realize just how lucky I am, and to really re-consider when I am upset or think I am having a bad day, just how good I really have it.

• Like 7

On 10/6/2019 at 10:08 AM, rensoup said:

Sorry to hear about your situation José...

I wanted to contribute a little but I don't have Paypal anymore because those clowns want control over your bank account. And I'm not sending dough to an unknown bank account.

Anybody knows if there's a way to create a virtual credit card easily? I tried revolut but you need a monthly subscription for that...

I’ve used privacy dot com for virtual debit card purposes a few times this year without issue. I haven’t setup a PayPal account in ages (my accounts are ancient), but it seems like you should be able to link the virtual debit card to PayPal, without bank info? 

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, TheNameOfTheGame said:

Uh-oh.  The money I had sent through paypal was refunded and I got an email saying the José was not a paypal user or didn't register on the site. I hope everything is ok.

Hi. Thanks.

I'm still here but nothing special to post but while this I'm working with some pals on a game gfxs, logics,...

Strange that I didn't see it but if you still want to my PayPal e-mail is still the same and account opened: josepereira197210@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Edited by José Pereira

• 1 month later...

Hi to all good people over here !

José asked me to post his message here:

Please post there at the forum once again I'm needing.
I'll be go out of A8 if none help me. I have to again pay rent so
anything is ok at least 100€. My iban and paypal is there. Vlad this
message is for that A8 All the need... Thanks

He is in need of rent money, and sum is as he wrote at least 100Eur or he'll have real trouble.

Payment options are:
IBAN: PT50003503550000674700029 or PayPal e-mail associated: josepereira197210@yahoo.com

In the spirit of holidays let's help him as much as each can. I'm of to Paypal to send him my contribution.

Thank you in advance !

• Like 1

I am very sorry to have to do this..... I (Rewind Games) gave José a good sum of money as a gift (75 euros at the beginning of October, the start of this thread). A few weeks later he asked me if I could send him 189.91 euros by bank, because Paypal was not releasing his money for 3 weeks (it was a new Paypal account). I sent him that amount as a loan and he promised to pay me back in a month (because Paypal would release his money). Paypal released his money but he did not pay me back. He asked me for another 50 euros a few weeks ago and I said no.

So, I will let other people help him this time. I really think he is not a bad person and is struggling at the moment.

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

I know this group and love it here, the generosity towards my daughter when she had anorexia with the PS4 and some games utterly took me aback, my wife and I were in tears and the feeling will stay for a long time, it was a fair lump of money which went exactly where it was meant to, I even asked people to stop offering as the unexpected goal was met and more. But asking for a loan while money clears and then not sending it back just does not sit right.  I didn't send a fortune, it was what we could afford as we are not people with money but it was sent to help, paying it forward as it were.

I really hope he sorts himself out but money does not grow on tree's for any of us, we all have our bills, so to quote Dragon's Den, "I'm out".

I wish him luck..

• Like 3

I'll let Jose speak (he's sending me messages over email as that is only thing he can do over his old phone):

Please post there that I never thought to not paying Fred_M and will
do it soon, sadly no all but in parts like he said in a message to me.
I didn't thought to come to this point.
And the reason for beeing @Popmilo is that I cannot post on AA after
this last update when I'm with the phone only.
I will then post here the reasons and why and after all still happened.
Sorry and thanks.

He's a person in tough spot in life. Consider yourself very lucky if you've never been so close to the bottom. Never forget that it can all happen to you  too. Only takes a bad decision, or an accident and you're f....

Such a thing happened to me just few days ago. Broken capillary in my right eye. Woke up with no sight in that eye... It's been five days and eye is getting better, but it's for sure I'll never regain full 100% sight on that eye. If the damage is in middle of vision field, I'm f....d. All my work is based on starring at computer screen, reading, writing text and code... What if ? Good thing for me, I still have loving family and friends around me to support me, maybe just because I've always been there for them and supported them without reservation...

I would say - give what you can afford in such cases. Don't borrow. Just give it away. Doesn't have to be much ...

I still have trust in Jose. Let's see what Jose will have to say for himself.

• Like 3

I did send out a little money the first time - and I don't normally give money to any charities, etc.  I don't expect any acknowledgement but think that the payment went through alright.  We are fortunate to live in so-called first world countries in which there is a decent social welfare system in place - without which many will find it hard to cope at all. But even so there are still people struggling.

If Jose can say thanks to those he has received money from - via Paypal/whatever …. then it's reassurance that that money has not gone missing.

Harvey

• Like 1

1 hour ago, popmilo said:

He's a person in tough spot in life. Consider yourself very lucky if you've never been so close to the bottom. Never forget that it can all happen to you  too. Only takes a bad decision, or an accident and you're f....

I have been in such a situation too, that's why I tried to help him. I will not publicly post his emails, private forum messages and I am not going to discuss this any further publicly. This is my last reply in this topic. If José wants to contact me, he has all my contact details.

My post here was just a warning to 

1 hour ago, popmilo said:

Don't borrow. Just give it away.

Well said @popmilo ?

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 2