IGNORED

I need the help you can give...

José Pereira

Just now, Irgendwer said:

No it isn't just go and see the posts @Popmilo did and wich days were and hours.

I don't have net at my room because computer is broken and at night, weekends and holidays like was yesterday, Christmas,... I can't answer with the phone that's the reason.

Today and tomorrow I have because I'm on a public institute untill 5p.m. that's why.

I never been out of here as you go to my personal pages and see my posts like I also did a week or two ago the Laser Squad screen as you can see on top of this post photo:

José Pereira  862

I think I made the best I can and don't see anyway better:

1381949619_Loadingscreen_2nd.png.f8e8902fb595f9ef2aeb8293ef5d2953.png

I also posted about my current work on a Wonderboy level and stuff for it 2days before New Years day:

Or even there at Ianna's topic:

Your only answering this because you and me had some problems years ago and that hadn't nothing to do with money just a different opinion and what I did seems now whatever was the best because the person sadly never came on here after that (just hope that whatever happened to him he's ok), that's why you just answered without even going to see if I were here before or not, that's why and with Fred_M I resolve my problems soon not with you.)

I thought you simply had put me on ignore though I didn't put you nor anyone here before.

Please don't put flames into a conversation where you have nothing to do with it.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Edited by José Pereira
Stuff added...
  • Thanks 1

One of the many examples in the games and projects where I'm in, this one before a weekend:

So we have on all screen 20colours, not bad for an A8 game ?...

Going out in minutes for the weekend, so cannot post here but can read and see. For anything my mail is ...@gmail.com no problem to contact me if anything urgent comes.

? 

Edited by José Pereira

Jose,

No one is treating you as if you are a con man and god knows I've been in parts of my own life on the streets (when we fled Northern Ireland because of religious hate) and living on charity for a short time but people help if they can because they want to, its a lovely group of people but asking once is a brave thing, most would not and the people responded and I imagine they sent a fair bit of money because they were so generous towards my daughter so I imagine just the same for you but when the call comes a second time people will step back a little.

In truth I don't give to many charities because of my low money but I put a bit in to Cancer UK because I had that in my youth, I give a little to dementia charities because of my friend and mother in law and some to anorexia charities because of my daughter, when I say some I men loose change, not notes as I can't afford that. I gave to you and it wasn't much because I hate the idea of the situation you are in but like most charities its what little you can and probably hardly ever repeated with any regularity. 

Seeing the second request it made me think if I could afford it and if you would come to be reliant on charity and with my daughter going to Uni and the very low income I have to say "sorry but I can't help".

I wish you well and love your work and if games were sold I'd happily buy the odd one to help all involved but life isn't always fair, that's a lesson I've been taught...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Not sure any others here are in touch with him, but José is in an extremely tight situation.  He's 5 days away from the street.  His rent is 250€ monthly.  325€ will buy him another month; paying his landlord both past due and current.  The risk here is not only that a friend of the community will end up homeless, but that his computer - with a considerable quantity of Atari 8-Bit assets - will be lost.

I don't have the full nut.  But I could come up with half.  Let's get this guy off the cliff.  Then, lets see if we can help him stabilize to avoid the same thing next month.

I'm worried about this guy.  We went back and forth between 2/27 and 3/2 trying to figure out what he needed.  He came up with a number and I was able to make it happen.  Tuesday morning I sent him 400EU via Western Union using the IBAN number he posted earlier in the thread.  Since then, nothing.  No response to email, no response to PM here, nothing.  Honestly, I can't decide if I've been hustled or if the assistance was too late.  Did I accidentally fund a smack bender or has the guy lost any- and everything right before I could get there?

If anyone knows anything, PM me.  I don't give a shit about the money.  That is to say, I don't have any interest in going after the guy if I have been robbed.  I would, however, like some closure.  Of the immediately apparent possibilities, I'd rather find out I was rooked and that he's alright.  Just let me know.

• Like 2

The problem here is that every month is going to be the same and yes, Jose has bits where he suddenly cuts out after money is sent. I don't know what the exact situation is but Jose seems short with money constantly and I don't think the folks on the forum can be a long term solution. I wish jose well but something seems to not add up, I feel there's a bit of the picture we don't know.

Money is already very tight here, I gave what I could but that's it, while my daughter is in-between College and Uni at 20 she can't claim any benefit so we are down about a 100 a week yet still have to find money for travel, food and other expenses, we just about scrape through now but it not unbearable and we are ok, we cover it all. Mind you I have no clue about any state benefits where he is and what gets covered.

As said, I wish him well, life's pretty hard without having to worry about having a place to live and trust me, we have been there too but he needs to seek debt advice asap. There are charities who offer help with debt but you need to contact them and explain your situation, I'm just talking to one now re getting a washing machine as ours has started to fail. There's no certainties but they do help.

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 3

I've watch this thread and at different times thought, oh, this poor guy, and then, what the heck is wrong with all these saps?!

I know not everyone in the world has things even remotely as well as I do, but I also know that the world is full of malicious con-men, and women, that will do everything they can do to get my hard earned money out of my pocket and into theirs.

I look at this the same way that I look at pan handlers I see on the street. Are some of them legitimate? Yes, I'm sure they are, but there are better, more appropriate avenues for them to turn to for assistance if they choose them. Most do not. I give towards those "other avenues" and charities. If they choose not to partake of those services, there are usually good reasons that they do not that would preclude me from giving to them if I knew what those reasons were. I never give directly to those I see out pan handling. Now, I know Jose isn't on the street pan handling, but I see this as the modern, digital equivalent, and I don't feel that this is the appropriate venue for this type activity. Does this make me cold or jaded? Possibly, but I see myself as a realist.

That being said, I'll rest my peace. I wish Jose well and I sincerely hope he manages to get his life under control and his issues taken care of, but I wish the moderators would put a stop to this thread and any like it that appear in the future.

• Like 4

I don't think makes you jaded, we have to remember Jose directly asked a member for some money ahead of time to pay back and that went south. That's why I said there's a part of the picture missing. There are other avenues as both of us have said. Its an awkward thread at the best of times..

My old man always told me not to give money to people on the street because they are most likely going to go and hurt themselves even further; drugs and whatnot.  He proposed that I buy them a meal, or some clothing item instead.  Obviously, I can't do that from the US for someone in Portugal.  The feared result, however, appears to be the most likely answer to the question.  The problems with tooth-loss also point in that direction.

Sending money is a lazy kind of love.  I shouldn't have satisfied my urge to help others in such a lazy fashion.  I probably only succeeded in making it easier for the guy to fall further down an already deep hole.

Sending money is a lazy kind of love.  I shouldn't have satisfied my urge to help others in such a lazy fashion.  I probably only succeeded in making it easier for the guy to fall further down an already deep hole.

Your heart was in the right place and that's what counts.

Edited by bfollowell
  • Like 3

On 1/2/2020 at 12:19 PM, José Pereira said:

and with Fred_M I resolve my problems soon

After José wrote this post, he has never contacted me and never payed anything back. I applaude the kindness of the Atari 8-bit community here, but I agree with @bfollowell. I think this topic should be locked. Hopefully José will get the help he needs from the local authorities.

• Like 2

Yes, the tooth loss brought up a warning lamp but like others I'm nowhere near the guy....  

Fred's confirmation of no monies paid back and zero contact only cement these fears..

Please Albert, kill the thread...

But can I say what a lovely bunch of people are on here, shame about this circumstance..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 3

Hey Paul, remember what I said back in October? Well, things have changed (THANKFULLY). My best friend Rob got money, bought the store from the Idiot, and made me a partner.

It's all GOOD now, except for the occasional time when the idiot comes in and screams at me over BS.

:)

• Like 2

I didn't had web on the last days so I already contacted who was expecting.

I also had been out of here for the Wonderboy port and only today posted the things people expecting from me.

Yes I know that I've not been well to Fred_M but I'll pay probably it'll take Months but I will.

And just for you all know there's all true in what I said and yes the teeth are in the situation they are but no I never take any drugs in my life bbut you can go inspecting why because here in Portugal there's many like me because the public medical care doesn't include mouth, teeth,...

As for asking help yes I did and have but here rents are coming so high they are constantly dropping help.

I've all in place as a citizen without any drugs, police, states all is clean and was never thinking in asking here.

Yes, maybe life problems will continue but you can all believe or not but all this was just when I came into a situation that I really hadn't nothing more. It may sounds difficult to understand but is the true.

To be here answering you and contacting team behind Wonderboy I had to go out and do some travel because I don't have Net at home nor I have IPhones, just and old mbile phone and a small payment of 3,30€ per week that is the least I could get for net on the phone.

I know that I didn't do tjings the best way and it seems so but had been here for years so I wouldn't go away or had been for so long waiting yers after to take money from people.

I need you much as A8 and things I do and/or try to do are what sometimes can keep me alive and having things to do, keeping me as is doing something.

Thanks.

• Like 2