IGNORED

Tandy Assembly 2019 pics

Turbo-Torch

The show was really great this year.  I didn't make it to Tech Track day, which was Friday, but was there most of Saturday and Sunday.

The very rare Tandy 3 was cool to see in person and I really liked the plotters cranking out pictures all day long.  I'm not into printers, but I may have to find one of them.

I'm already looking forward to next year's event.

t190.jpg

t191.jpg

t193.jpg

t194.jpg

t195.jpg

t196.jpg

t197.jpg

t198.jpg

t199.jpg

t1910.jpg

t1912.jpg

t1913.jpg

t1914.jpg

t1915.jpg

t1916.jpg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, digress said:

I have a cf xtide for my tandy 1000 ex. Must have for moving files from a modern pc and of course acts as a harddrive

thanks for the pics.

My first computer was my Model III which I still have and will never get rid of.  Years later I bought an EX and it was so much fun.  All the local BBSs were IBM based, so it opened a whole new world within minutes after unboxing it.

Eventually I wanted a hard drive and the aftermarket kit for the EX was stupid expensive.  It ended up being far cheaper to sell the EX and buy an SL with a 32mb hard card.  Deep down, I missed the EX.

I don't have much interest in computers outside the Model III, but I have been searching for a good local deal on an EX.  If one ever turns up for a decent price, I'll outfit it like yours.

I think there were 2 HXs at the show this year, didn't see an EX.

The SL was a good version too with the DAC and 640x200x16 colour special mode.m My friend had one.

I got a 1000 TL

two     1000 EX 's

and 1  1000 HX

I really like the all in on nature of the ex/hx. Easy to take out of storage off the shelf and use right away with minimal setup.