IGNORED

Atari Games with Speech / Samples

nobody

I have compiled a (hopefully complete) list of games with speech / samples.

http://www.mushca.com/f/atari/index.php?search=sample

If you use a fairly current browser and have Flash Plugin installed or at least javascript activated, then you are able to use the play button at the respective entry to hear the samples (press play again for next subsong).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Nice site, though from a techincal point of view you might want to consider that Flash plugin and current browser more and more tend to drift apart. Adobe are abandoning Flash and many browser providers did long ago. Thus you'll want to look into making those HTML5 canvases or whatever to be future proof.

44 minutes ago, carlsson said:

Nice site, though from a techincal point of view you might want to consider that Flash plugin and current browser more and more tend to drift apart. Adobe are abandoning Flash and many browser providers did long ago. Thus you'll want to look into making those HTML5 canvases or whatever to be future proof.

I'll second this recommendation - none of the playback controls that I tried worked, and I no longer have Flash installed on any of my workhorse machines.  This was under Firefox 69.0.1 on macOS Mojave, btw.

Yeah, Firefox seems to want nothing to do with it even when I updated the Flash plugin and set options to enable it and not block dangerous stuff.  Chrome ditched Flash a fair while ago.

Edge plays it fine but it's a shit browser and it's market penetration reflects that.

IE plays it but it's such a poor browser that even MS has deprecated it to the point of Win10 no longer having shortcuts built in for it - you have to go off and find the executable yourself.

• Haha 1

I'm guessing I'm supposed to hear a sample played when I press the play button next to the word 'sample' on each title line? If so, no Flash here either. Though I don't really keep up or intentionally pay attention to such things; if a window pops up saying I need to update something, that's when I pay attention. In any case, I'm using the latest version Opera browser on Windows 7. I get no reaction at all when I press play.

That being said, I appreciate the list, and would rather hear them playing on my real Atari anyway. Many of the titles I knew had digitized voice, but may there I did not, and quite a few I'm sure I've played a few times and don't recall any digitized voice in them...not including enhanced/extended versions which have probably added them, like TLV8.

I'll download all of these versions just to make sure I have all the ones with speach. 

Edited by Gunstar