IGNORED

Leftovers in a post HDX world.

Omega-TI

After I got my P-Box TIPI, I found my HDX to be redundant.  But now I have a problem, after removing the HDX card I have two toggle switches that are doing absolutely nothing.  The switches were originally for the interrupt line and to kill battery power to the DSR in case of a glitch as this made reloading software easier without having to open up the P-Box. 

Now having two useless switches staring me in the face all the time is disheartening, so does anyone have any ideas on how I could retask one or both of them with something useful?

Switches.thumb.JPG.5cf9bdba4ded09519442d60d1dd3d71d.JPG

44 minutes ago, --- Ω --- said:

After I got my P-Box TIPI, I found my HDX to be redundant.  But now I have a problem, after removing the HDX card I have two toggle switches that are doing absolutely nothing.  The switches were originally for the interrupt line and to kill battery power to the DSR in case of a glitch as this made reloading software easier without having to open up the P-Box. 

Now having two useless switches staring me in the face all the time is disheartening, so does anyone have any ideas on how I could retask one or both of them with something useful?

Switches.thumb.JPG.5cf9bdba4ded09519442d60d1dd3d71d.JPG

Your Lotharex, could be modified to be seen as 2 drives, and you could switch between them, maybe.

7 hours ago, RickyDean said:

Your Lotharex, could be modified to be seen as 2 drives, and you could switch between them, maybe.

Actually the Lotharek is set to drive 1 & 2 and does not need an external switch.  Nice idea though. ?  

6 hours ago, Keatah said:

Don't rush it. Something will come to mind.

Hope so!

6 hours ago, InfiniteTape said:

Power to the RPi?

Hmmmm... I've been leaving the RPi on 24/7 so I've not really needed to do that, but if you shut down the RPi, you have to go in behind the TI to unplug and replug in the RPi to get it to boot back up so that is an EXCELLENT idea.  THANKS! ?

RPi power is an excellent suggestion.

The other could be hooked to a GPIO on the Pi, and used to do some clever function. Perhaps signal to the pi that you would like it to shut down gracefully, or to have it run sync on the storage. The Pi exposes the GPIOs with a convenient and easily checked file based access method, so a simple shell script running on the Pi would be sufficient.  Said shell script would then handle the dirty work of issuing a sync, or graceful shutdown/reboot.

• Like 1