IGNORED

Intellivision 10 commandments: what I think about

vprette

I agree to the rate e10 because beautiful games even if  made for teenagers ARE beautiful and ... I can't get away from remembering Kirby for the wii u .... it's not my kind of game but it's a masterpiece .. ... "adult" games are systematically full of clichet, gratuitous violence .... it was good for quake times when a certain type of gore and sense of power went hand in hand with the advent of graphics cards, but now it's boring me, I find run and kill games without accent on the aesthetics part just trivial and tedious, ... from a purely commercial point of view for IE it's about blinking to parents that pay the game, on this I can't guess if it will be a winning choice, maybe yes ... but I am interested in the aspect of the content, which I think is vast of possibilities

Edited by vprette

finally!! I have spent days on Horizon to learn the use of weapons and techniques to deal with robots ... but at the end I came to say "yes, but enough! dozens of keys to remember, go f...!" THERE ARE TOO MANY BUTTONS ON ps4 and xbox JOYPADS! we arrived generation after generation to overcome the limit. I BELIEVE THAT THE GAME MUST BE DIVING: if I want to be superman, they must help me to feel as superman immediately, the real superman would NOT use 14 buttons to move and throw rays ..... I don't know if I explained..

3. To my mind Toca was the first game in history that introduced the instant handicap to the car in the head to allow continuous overtaking ... not very realistic but incredibly funny ... extending the idea to every game is a " strange " concept.. obviously the option can be disabled, and for children who play with their parents it may make sense ..... I am potentially a fan of this choice but I also think it is difficult to implement, and demanding for the developers ...

7. thanks God!

finally someone stands up against the scourge of free open world ... which has brought tons of useless and aseptic environments for the sole purpose of writing "it's huge" on the packaging. leaving the user free is an easy excuse for not working on creating a compelling story ... think of when resident evil moved from the appalling shots of the original to the free movement in the third chapter: huge discussions and criticisms ... you can always find a balance .... but I prefer something pre-packaged if made with intelligence, creativity, ideas .... I hate the open world, when I see written open world I run away

Edited by vprette

1 hour ago, vprette said:

I agree to the rate e10 because beautiful games even if  made for teenagers ARE beautiful and ... I can't get away from remembering Kirby for the wii u .... it's not my kind of game but it's a masterpiece .. ... "adult" games are systematically full of clichet, gratuitous violence .... it was good for quake times when a certain type of gore and sense of power went hand in hand with the advent of graphics cards, but now it's boring me, I find run and kill games without accent on the aesthetics part just trivial and tedious, ... from a purely commercial point of view for IE it's about blinking to parents that pay the game, on this I can't guess if it will be a winning choice, maybe yes ... but I am interested in the aspect of the content, which I think is vast of possibilities

Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack requires esrb teen rating.

beautiful, impossible if we talk about physical distribution on support .... I am skeptical..

Physical editions will cost more.

10.  this rule can limit certain types of games, such as adventures ... Im not a fan of this choice...

I don't see why.  Although not exactly an adventure game, Swords and Serpents has a two player mode.  One player mode can be very different than multiplayer mode if necessary.

------------

No reason the rules can't change in the future.

On 10/4/2019 at 4:44 PM, vprette said:

3. To my mind Toca was the first game in history that introduced the instant handicap to the car in the head to allow continuous overtaking

Final Lap is generally credited to be the first racing game with a rubber band effect. The idea was great in theory, but Final Lap was presented as a competitive game, not as a fun game. The result was people exploited the automatic boost for an "easy" win instead of simply having fun. I remember accusations of "cheating" were common.

1 hour ago, Papy said:

Final Lap is generally credited to be the first racing game with a rubber band effect. The idea was great in theory, but Final Lap was presented as a competitive game, not as a fun game. The result was people exploited the automatic boost for an "easy" win instead of simply having fun. I remember accusations of "cheating" were common.

thanks for the info