IGNORED

Moldy, oldie, disk drive goldie.

Omega-TI

More often than not, the bright and shiny new programs get the most attention, but what about those old forgotten non-game utilities, and application programs?

Do you have a favorite from years gone by that you like, love or still use on a regular basis?  Are they good 'as-is'?  Would they be better compiled into assembly or even made into a .BIN image?  

What are your old favorites?

Kid Works 2 on Mac (System 7)... it's what I got my start on digital art with back in 1993... when I was 3...

Now I haven't played with it in a while... though I did exploit the text to speech voice in the story maker for some music I did.

I still have the original floppy disks but lost the manual... yet I was still able to get around the copy protection.

Oops didn't realize this was TI specific lol...

Edited by DragonGrafx-16
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If we expand the scope to DOS systems, I was a big fan of fastlynx (FX.exe) back in the day.

It's a midnight commander style file transfer program, that saved me so much time back in the days before ubiquitous ethernet, when floppies still walked the earth. It supported enhanced parallel port modes, and could shoot data over an LPT interface reasonably quickly. (but if you lacked a suitable port, you could still do serial transfers, it just took longer.)