IGNORED

Starting/wanting to collect for Sega stuff

guitarmas

17 hours ago, Austin said:

What kind of budget? Shoot 'em up games are some of the least "budget friendly" on the system, but if you don't mind dropping $50 here and there, there's quite the selection to pick from. I still see it as the best console for shooters, with lots of different sub-genres to pick from.

Damn right! Pretty much all the really good shmups are really expensive... I mean I did pay $140 for Soldier Blade on PC Engine... but most aren't that expensive. The most expensive shmup I have on Genesis though is Task Force Harrier EX and that was like $35 loose. The NES is the console with the cheapest shmups (with the exception Gun-Nac, but the Famicom version of that game is like only $40) where they are still good.

I want to get a Japanese  system...honestly...because they look cool to me. Especially the model 1. I don't plan on having a big US collection. On the other hand I'm going to build a collection that is cool to have...and not having to worry about breaking the case every time I open it, or even move it. I'll save money, in theory, by having a Japanese collection with some US titles loose but in a collective case from getting box art on certain sites and putting the games in a regular DVD case.

Edited by guitarmas