IGNORED

New game released: Jet Set Willy 2019

Tezz

1 hour ago, rensoup said:

Very cool! I like the mini diary as well... So did you meet M.Smith ?

I did yea, I spoke with him for a few minutes after his talks. He's always been famously elusive so I never expected to get the chance to meet him in person. I was glad to hear he was such an Atari fan. Matthew is brilliantly eccentric and highly intelligent although life hasn't treated him as well as he deserved and by his own admission he also hasn't looked after himself well either over the years. One highlight meeting Matthew was him signing "I didn't get paid for this" on all the cassette covers that people had asked him to sign :)

• Like 10

Manchester England England, Across the Atlantic Sea... Let the sunshine in...  ;-)

Jet Set Willy 1986: In my eyes this version is crap!  http://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=2122

Jet Set Willy 2007: This plays somewhat better...  http://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=5676

The Big House 1990: Reminds me of JSW, nice game... http://a8.fandal.cz/detail.php?files_id=3227

Jet Set Willy 2019: Not played yet, so let's wait and see...  ;-)

Thanks for another conversion! Now someone could write a big review and compare the four A8 versions (or more, in case I missed one)...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sugarland said:

Great news! Would it be possible to have both music and sound effects at the same time by utilizing 2nd pokey, please? 

Ah nice idea, I would hope that would be a simple change.

Another idea could be the GTIA console speaker "fifth audio channel" for beeps and blips - but then you're back to heavy stealing of CPU cycles to drive that 1 bit audio like the spectrum, apple etc..

• Like 3

As per others, brilliant job, its a superb conversion, sadly I find these games really tough these days but that's me and no fault of this marvelous conversion.

As for Matt, was he ever diagnosed with anything, he sounds like classic Aspergers.Usually brilliantly creative but with a skewed look at the world and often total no self care. 

• Like 4

Matthew Smith was always one of those people i loved reading about (early issue of RetroGamer magazine looking at The Mega Tree recovered disks pointed out he was a huge A8 fan, something which took me by complete and utter surprise) but i never really took to his games.

I had JSW on the A8 and you've done the community a huge service with this. 

Fantastic work all round.

• Like 1