IGNORED

Classic99 Full Screen on Windows 10

thejohndo

13 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

The latest Cumulative Update adds some compatibility blacklists which break a lot of programs, including VMWare Workstation.  Big to-do about it right now.

Lovely, that's what my machine is waiting to install.

They're really trying to push me off to Linux. ;)

• Like 2

Right now i am using a double-booted PC with Windows 8, Ubuntu Mate.

Soon to make it triple-boot if i work up enough nerve to try out some Hackintosh distro's.

I have Virtualbox VM of windows XP stored on a removable HDD accessible by any OS i install Virtualbox onto.

I see literally no reason upgrade to Windows 10.

If and when this PC kicks the bucket and i absolutely have to replace it, then i'll worry about Windows 10.

10 hours ago, Tursi said:

Lovely, that's what my machine is waiting to install.

They're really trying to push me off to Linux. ;)

I wrote my response before I realized the newest Patch Tuesday updates were out.  I am fairly certain the October updates are not a problem.  Of course, YMMV.  I had to remove the September update from a system yesterday for printing problems.

4 hours ago, --- Ω --- said:

My personal experience is that boot time is a LOT faster, but that may partially be due to my computer too.

And whether you did a powercfg /h off

If not, your Windows 10 is never really shut down but just hibernated, which makes starting a lot faster. You notice it only when you run a Linux on a dual boot machine and try to mount a Windows partition (which does not work because the NTFS file system has not been closed properly). The above command sets shutdown behavior to shut down completely and not to hibernate.

1 hour ago, GDMike said:

I still use win10 with VMWARE and have no issues running win 7 and classic99.

Not worrying.

A couple days ago while attempting to manualy download your 1 minute TurboFourth video(232MB takes >15 minutes over DSL)(I could recommend some converters), my T400s gave me the Windows is RESTARTING... screen, than spent a few hours updating and warning me not to shutdown!

...as a result I had to watch the news on my old T60... but not before digging out another power supply.

I still haven't seen your video!:-o

I was forced to install SKYNET10 on the T400s because it came with a second battery in-place of the DVDROM(Windows wont install from an external drive!). 
Only skynet would reconfigure after being installed on an alternate system.

:roll:

Edited by HOME AUTOMATION
  • Sad 1

That ram is good if you have a purpose for it, as in, there are some nice ramdisk tools you can use for it.

But you can kinda see how your local cache is doing and determine if you need more ram also pay attention to the processes and your ram use, I doubt you need it, especially if you're running a win 7 or 10 home edition, now maybe Linux has a flavor that might work well with that ram, but 1st make sure you have a program that needs it. My 2 cents, someone else may have a wildly different take.