IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 11 - Game 8 - Night Stalker

5 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

We could use both controllers at the same time to achieve the same effect.  Kinda awkward though.

Yeah I do for tron deadly disc because there is no maze but for this sometimes you need to be precise to enter.  It’s tough doing that using  two hands.  

Edited by m-crew
spelling mistake as usual ... lol
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, m-crew said:

Great Score !!! Wow was that in Disc Mode!!! 

My Record was around 110,00 or so +\-  Disc level a few years back here in the HSC. 

Any Tips for the invisible guy and such would be greatly appreciated. 

?? Once again great score !!! 

Cant wait to see your record.  

It was on disc mode. Anything else is too slow. I’ve played this game a LOT in order to get to this point, but I do have a couple of tips. The robots (and your player for that matter) can only have one bullet on the screen at a time. So if you entice one to shoot at you from across the screen, it buys you some safe time. The key to the invisible robot (where the real game begins) is to try to wait in a place where he will shoot before he is right on you, so that you can react. I like the crook of bushes in the lower right in particular. Also, never hang around the bunker in later stages. You can lose several lives in quick succession that way. 

My record on twin galaxies is 641,300. I’ve gotten higher than that a handful of times, but that’s my documented high score. That was the world record until Matthew S. Miller crushed it with a score a little over 2 million. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, felson42 said:

It was on disc mode. Anything else is too slow. I’ve played this game a LOT in order to get to this point, but I do have a couple of tips. The robots (and your player for that matter) can only have one bullet on the screen at a time. So if you entice one to shoot at you from across the screen, it buys you some safe time. The key to the invisible robot (where the real game begins) is to try to wait in a place where he will shoot before he is right on you, so that you can react. I like the crook of bushes in the lower right in particular. Also, never hang around the bunker in later stages. You can lose several lives in quick succession that way. 

My record on twin galaxies is 641,300. I’ve gotten higher than that a handful of times, but that’s my documented high score. That was the world record until Matthew S. Miller crushed it with a score a little over 2 million. 

Awesome !!!! Thank You for the tips !!!!

Great memory with your Dad that’s for sure.  

41 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Starting the game on speed 3, 2, or 1 doesn't make the game easier, just slower.  Since the game isn't fast to begin with there might be no advantage either way.

Yup and just makes it boring (slow- mo like the six million dollar man running ) lol until you get up there in the points.  

7 minutes ago, m-crew said:

Jacob, I think you got a few numbers reversed in my score on your update here... you put 53900 instead of 59,300 ... Hey how long it takes to get points in this game every little bit helps...  lol 

I thought something didnt seem right... but thanks for the fixed score.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, m-crew said:

not to mention i may not even beat my high score in this game this time around... lol I totally been sucking at this game right now.. lol

I see how I missed it... I had the score from your 2nd score posting up, and missed the newest one. ?

Edited by JacobZu7zu7
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, mr_me said:

nightst4.thumb.png.376312dd41663b7d7f23989184681ee8.png

Disappointed I didn't make 80k.

Me too ,

it sucks when you die and all the robots are around where you spawn. 

I lost 4 lives in a row before I got out to reach my last score. 

They could  of gave you a  3 sec head start before the robots shot.  

2 hours ago, m-crew said:

Me too ,

it sucks when you die and all the robots are around where you spawn. 

I lost 4 lives in a row before I got out to reach my last score. 

They could  of gave you a  3 sec head start before the robots shot.  

When you have more than 9 lives left the game starts using symbols to tell you how many are left. In that run that I posted I had ‘>’ lives at one point, but got killed with bots circling the spawn point. Whittled me down to 5 by the time I got out of trouble. 

• Sad 1